PDA

View Full Version : Pom Pom Egg Sack

VFX
01-24-2009, 04:32 AM
I've had a bunch of Pom Poms for a while & as soon as I move 2 of them from my reef into a smaller tank this happens.

So what's next?

Little baby pom poms?

or just lots of extra food for it's tank mates?

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/bunglie/Fish_Tank/pompom_01.jpg

Keri
01-24-2009, 04:38 AM
Probably the latter, but still pretty damn cool, and I know the odds are against them but it's probably not impossible for one to make it..... just really unlikely. Looks like she's got a lot there tho!!
GREAT pic!

TheRealBigAL
01-24-2009, 09:22 AM
I have about 6 pom poms in my tank and I have seen a few times a crab releasing eggs but never have I seen any that made it:sad:. I have also seen one of my pom poms eat the eggs out of her own belly :question:.

VFX
01-24-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm guessing it's happened loads of times but in a crowded reef tank I've never noticed.

I noticed my cleaner shrimp tend to eat the eggs from it's belly too.

Yuck!

reeferious
01-24-2009, 05:13 PM
all my shrimp and crab species release swimming babies all the time around evening time and the fish go hog wild over them. haven't seen anyone made it yet.

ElGuappo
01-24-2009, 07:22 PM
i think i had one make it from the last egg sac in my 10g contest tank. i found a tiny little crab that i never got id'd so i just tossed it in my display that im tearing down soon. looked simular to a pom pom but couldnt tell as it was sooooo small.

VFX
01-24-2009, 08:09 PM
How small was it?

What else was in the 10g?

Mine is in a 15g with a Frogfish, False Perc, Cleaner Shrimp & 1 other Pom Pom.

Maybe it'll get my Frogfish to start eating when the baby crabs hatch!