PDA

View Full Version : edmonton june meeting

Quinn
05-23-2003, 05:31 PM
thought i'd start a new thread on this...

so who's interesting in hosting us clowns? :razz: can we work in a mini tank tour? if so, who can drive? where does everyone live? shall we stop by big als, AI, that guy who operates out of his basement? if any calgarians want to get in on this, we can carpool if you drive down to red deer. i don't have anything at this time, but maybe some of you have frags to trade?

Trevor Robertson
05-23-2003, 10:56 PM
I am in, I live in the west end, but unfortunatly can not host a meeting. I am in for visiting the LFS's I have not been over to Salt water fanticies in like a year so I can slum it for a bit ( :lol: )

Let me know when and I will be there. I think that this is a good idea, also I would be in to purchase some frags from anyone that has some, as my tank looks very sparce.

CHEAPREEF
05-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Trevor i might have some frags for sale soon if you want some SPS or xenia.

Clinton

Trevor Robertson
05-23-2003, 11:10 PM
Trevor i might have some frags for sale soon if you want some SPS or xenia.

Clinton

OH YA...you have a PM

Quinn
05-25-2003, 08:58 PM
bump - we need more interest than this if we want to put something together...

Trevor Robertson
05-26-2003, 12:54 AM
I agree, I guess that this is not something that is wanted by the mass reefer group in Edmonton?

Oh well that sucks! :cry: :sad: :puppydog:

Canadian Man
05-26-2003, 02:57 AM
You Edmonton folk are boring :razz:
Kidding of course :lol:

Beverly
05-26-2003, 12:22 PM
so who's interesting in hosting us clowns?

I suppose we could host a meeting, though our place is a little small, but we have lots of little tanks :biggrin: Have AC, too, so we'd be cool :cool:

can we work in a mini tank tour?

I'd love to see other folks' tanks.

if so, who can drive?

Have only a small car. Maybe we could have two or three vehicles and a plan on which places we'd visit in a particular order.

where does everyone live?

We're in Oliver, which is in west downtown.

shall we stop by big als, AI, that guy who operates out of his basement?

Not interested in a lfs crawl as I'm in most of them often enough anyway :eek: I think it would be great for out of towners to do the lfs crawl, maybe after the tank crawl, unless other locals want to do the lfs. But I'm definitely out as far as lfs.

I'd like to suggest either Saturday June 14 or the 21 as early in the day as possible, say 10-ish or so for the tank crawl?

Count me in, teevee :exclaim:

Beverly
05-26-2003, 12:25 PM
You Edmonton folk are boring :razz:
Kidding of course :lol:

Jonathan,

Maybe not boring. Just not glued to the computer all day and night :mrgreen: I'll bet some of us up here even have lives, though not me necessarily :rolleyes:

PFisher
05-26-2003, 02:11 PM
Maybe not boring. Just not glued to the computer all day and night I'll bet some of us up here even have lives, though not me necessarily

I will agree with that, I didn't turn on the computer once this weekend. Spent the whole weekend out enjoying the nice weather.

I would be in for a meeting, there hasn't been one here in Edmonton since I found this board several months ago.

Quinn
05-26-2003, 02:22 PM
well this is probably close to enough support. bev if you're willing to host, then the date and time are probably up to you. if we decide to go visit any other tanks, my car is available, we can in theory fit five people in (five small people). i always like to make a trip to AI when i'm in edmonton so perhaps some of us can start off over there and end up back at the meeting location later.

Beverly
05-26-2003, 02:52 PM
bev if you're willing to host, then the date and time are probably up to you. if we decide to go visit any other tanks, my car is available, we can in theory fit five people in (five small people).

Either June 14 or 21 around 10 am. You folks will have to choose which is best for you. I'm open to either one.

However, I definitely want to see other peoples' tanks, so we should plan a road trip around town to view more tanks than mine. Mine are great, but they are not the be all and end all of reefing in our fair city.

We could meet at my place, then tour the other participant's tanks. How does that sound?

Trevor Robertson
05-26-2003, 03:45 PM
ya I am good with either of those dates. The only thing is that we only have 5 people including me, is that enough?[/img]

Quinn
05-26-2003, 04:10 PM
there are a few folks who've been posting who haven't posted on here yet. dez knows a lot of people as well, when he held a tank crawl during the winter, there were a lot of people he knows through AI. not many of them post here though. regardless, i think the best day would be the 21st, that gives us lots of time to figure out who else is interested in coming along/being visited on the crawl.

oilers1
05-27-2003, 01:17 AM
Hi all Edmonton reefers. I can host a get together in June, I'm sure there is a lot of interest in seeing other people tanks. So lets decide what and when to do it.

PFisher
05-27-2003, 02:45 PM
I will second June 21st.

Quinn
05-27-2003, 03:07 PM
oilers1, i think bev has dibs on this one, unless it's better for her if the meeting is at your place. either way we can certainly include your place on the tank crawl. let's say the 21st, at 10am. everyone who wants us to visit their place on the crawl should post their address here ASAP so we can plan out a rough route. we'll probably end up with close to ten people i think, especially when we count in spouses/partners, so we'll need at least two cars if everyone wants to come on the crawl. i'll volunteer to bring some chips and pop so we have some munchies, if one or two others can bring something that would be cool. i'll probably head to AI after the get-together, anyone who wants to come is welcome to do so.

Trevor Robertson
05-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Sure 10AM it is at Bev's?

I can bring some Pop as well. Tevee I will come on your LFS trip just as what else am I going to do on a Saturday :razz:

Beverly
05-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Sure 10AM it is at Bev's?

Yup. It's official. 10 am Saturday June 21 at our place.

However, parking may be a bit of a problem since we're in a high density neighbourhood, west downtown in Oliver. If Oilers1 has a better parking arrangement at his/her place, where ever that is and whoever he/she is, I'd be willing to shift hosting over there ... maybe :razz:

I think we should decide who's going to host, then PM the host with our addresses and phone #s. That way a list can be compiled of whose places we're going to visit and in what order.

Sound okay, folks?

Quinn
05-27-2003, 06:41 PM
while we're at it, i have about 1.5 bags of SWC sand that i need to get rid of. $30 or something in that area. if someone wants it, let me know and i'll bring it up.

CHEAPREEF
05-27-2003, 07:02 PM
while we're at it, i have about 1.5 bags of SWC sand that i need to get rid of. $30 or something in that area. if someone wants it, let me know and i'll bring it up.

Not real interested in the meeting ect.. But i'll take the sand if you can bring it with you, just give me a firm $$ :cool:

Clinton

Quinn
05-27-2003, 07:42 PM
ah i owe you, you can have it for free, it's what i took out of my fuge to make room for yours. it's even in your bucket. :cool:

PFisher
05-27-2003, 07:45 PM
Drat! Missed out on the sand again.

CHEAPREEF
05-27-2003, 08:24 PM
PFisher if you want it and are willing to pay his price it's your's.

Clinton

PFisher
05-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Clinton,

I didn't mean anything by my comment. You called it first, if you need it, it is yours. I assume you need it since you gave yours away. However, if you don't want it I will take it.

Patrick

CHEAPREEF
05-27-2003, 11:49 PM
I actually only need about a litre of it, just thought i'd buy it since it's pretty cheap. If you want to give up a little take it. No prob. :cool:

Clinton

oilers1
05-28-2003, 12:53 AM
I have no problem in hosting the meeting I have a lot of parking so there is no problem with that and June 21 is good for me. I live on the south east sideof the city, so lets make a list and see if we can arrange this. Cesaer.

Quinn
05-28-2003, 01:59 AM
ok if you're in the SE (or is that the NW, damn edmonton street names :lol: ), then we can start there, provided bev wants to give up her dibs on the meeting, and work our way around the city towards AI. since AI is almost as far northwest as you can get (except for spruce grove, st. albert...), those of us who are planning to go there can end up there, and the rest can head back home. this might make it easier, because then, to get to oilers' place to check out his tank, we don't have to backtrack from bev's.

Trevor Robertson
05-28-2003, 02:13 AM
I agree I think that sounds great.

See you then, also works well for me as I live right by AI

Beverly
05-28-2003, 02:21 AM
I have no problem in hosting the meeting I have a lot of parking so there is no problem with that and June 21 is good for me. I live on the south east sideof the city, so lets make a list and see if we can arrange this. Cesaer.

Okay, June 21 at 10 at Cesaer's sounds fine to me.

I'm PMing him with my address and phone #.

Cesaer, once you get the list compiled, will please you send it to everyone?

Quinn
05-28-2003, 02:26 AM
good plan. looks like edmonton ain't so lazy anymore eh jon? :razz:

tkhawaja
05-28-2003, 05:45 AM
Okay, June 21 at 10 at Cesaer's sounds fine to me.

Cesaer, once you get the list compiled, will please you send it to everyone?

Who is this Ceasaer and how do I get on the list. I'm in Whitecourt but I want to go on the tank crawl too.

Beverly
05-28-2003, 12:56 PM
[quote="tkhawajaWho is this Ceasaer and how do I get on the list. I'm in Whitecourt but I want to go on the tank crawl too.[/quote]

Use the PM button that's shown just below the body of the post of one of Cesaer's posts. PM Cesaer that you want to go on the crawl and that you're from out of town.

He should send you the list once it's compiled. Plus, his own address and phone # should also be at the top of the list so we'll all know where to show up :smile:

Quinn
05-28-2003, 01:09 PM
cesaer = oilers1

Quinn
05-30-2003, 02:50 AM
i've got some fake plants that came in a bucket of IO. two of them, both rhinocephalus macroalgae replicas. i'll bring them up, trade for a beer or something :razz: i may also have some chunks of base rock, $1.00/lb or so. only about 15lbs, maybe enough to help out in a nano or something. i'll post if it's available (someone else has dibs but may not want it now).

oilers1
05-30-2003, 02:53 AM
Ok June 21 it is. I hope we get more people, I spoke to dez last night and maybe he'll be coming to. I have a 46 bow front whcih is a sps tank, I would have to say about 40 peices including frags. My phone number is 450 3103, lets get this meeting going, Give me a call whoever is intrested!

Quinn
06-12-2003, 03:57 PM
bump for any edmontonians who didn't catch this...

Beverly
06-13-2003, 01:13 AM
bump for any edmontonians who didn't catch this...

I'm still in, Quinn. Oops, I just rhymed :cool: