PDA

View Full Version : Think that they'll refund?

moldrik
01-23-2009, 10:18 PM
I just went to J&L and bought a bunch of stuff, including 2 cleaner shrimp.

I brought them to work right away ( on the skytrain ) and started to acclimate them. One passed away, the other one is still kicking. I'm doing it very slowly and made sure to put in my extra heater in there to make sure that the water temperature remains the same.

This is my first livestock that I've lost, and it really sucks :(

Abbyreefer
01-23-2009, 10:22 PM
How long were you on the skytrain for ?

moldrik
01-23-2009, 10:23 PM
30 minutes?

moldrik
01-23-2009, 10:25 PM
It was alive when I got to the office. It died once I started to acclimate it. I called them and asked if I was able to mix any of the bags together since I had bought a few different things. They said that I could mix the inverts with the corals, so I put the blue mushrooms w/ the shrimp in the same bucket and started acclimating.

deep6er
01-23-2009, 10:39 PM
how long did you acclimate them for.

moldrik
01-23-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm still acclimating them. It's been 2 hours, possibly more.

naesco
01-23-2009, 11:54 PM
I just went to J&L and bought a bunch of stuff, including 2 cleaner shrimp.

I brought them to work right away ( on the skytrain ) and started to acclimate them. One passed away, the other one is still kicking. I'm doing it very slowly and made sure to put in my extra heater in there to make sure that the water temperature remains the same.

This is my first livestock that I've lost, and it really sucks :(

Ya, phone them and ask them to return the shrimp. I am sure they will be happy too. Don't be shy.
You appear to know what you are doing.

awa1979
01-24-2009, 12:00 AM
"J&L Aquatics guarantees that your live goods order will arrive to you alive. In addition, we guarantee that all livestock purchased from us will remain in alive for a 24 hour period after arrival. If in the unfortunate event this is not the case, we require the following: "

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/policies.php#guarantee

Their full policy is at the link.

I'd assume if they will guarantee an animal for 24 hours after shipping it, that the same would apply if buying in the store.

I'd give them a call.

moldrik
01-24-2009, 12:08 AM
I called them and they said that they would give me another one. I still feel bad that the other guy died. :(

But I'm glad that my new buddy will have a tank mate.

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-24-2009, 02:06 AM
I was going to tell you just to go ahead and call them because I was pretty sure they would replace it for you with no questions asked :)