PDA

View Full Version : LF 12 inch PC or T5 light...

MikeP
01-23-2009, 02:19 AM
Like the title says I'm looking for one of these or something similar http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idproduct~ES53124.html so check your basements and garages :)

Thanks!

MikeP
01-30-2009, 04:23 AM
Bump

mseepman
01-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Mike, I'd be careful of these lights. I've had two (both for my fuge but bought the FW) and they have given off such high heat that their cases have just fallen apart around the fixture. I mean literally fallen apart. Within the first year the sides cracked...and colapsed upon themselves. My LFS said they've seen the problem multiple times before and replaced the first one...my seond one didn't last 8 months before doing the same thing.

MikeP
01-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Mike, I'd be careful of these lights. I've had two (both for my fuge but bought the FW) and they have given off such high heat that their cases have just fallen apart around the fixture. I mean literally fallen apart. Within the first year the sides cracked...and colapsed upon themselves. My LFS said they've seen the problem multiple times before and replaced the first one...my seond one didn't last 8 months before doing the same thing.

Thanks for posting this Mark. I'm certainly not set on buying a coralife light I just need something 12in long to go over a nano tank I set up.