PDA

View Full Version : Rapids Pro PS4 troubles

busymum
01-23-2009, 12:41 AM
We recently bought a PS4 and are struggling with tweaking just right to rid our tank of the top layer of dust and junk. We have two Korillia 4's in a 92g corner bowfront. Read and reread the instructions over and over but they aren't much help. I've raised and lowered the Skimmer Overflow and played with air flow adjustment a bit but the surface is still not perfect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Darrin and Toreen

The Codfather
01-23-2009, 01:20 AM
I had one temporarily on my tank when i was switching over to a new sump. The problem with these overflows is that it sits too deep in the water. A correction for this would be to get a very thin sheet of acrylic or plastic and block the bottom 3/4 of the overflow off. This make the overflow pull water more from the top end,hopefully also pulling it off the surface giving you a proper skim off the surface. Hope this all makes sense. This is what worked for me in the short time i that i used it. I now use it on my hospital tank. I do have a pic. if you need it, just have a hard time trying to place it on this thread. I have a pic. under my 150 gal. tank in my profile if you wish to see it. I still do not know how to post on this site too well. Hope this works out for you.
Bob

Aquatic Addictions
01-23-2009, 02:15 AM
We recently bought a PS4 and are struggling with tweaking just right to rid our tank of the top layer of dust and junk. We have two Korillia 4's in a 92g corner bowfront. Read and reread the instructions over and over but they aren't much help. I've raised and lowered the Skimmer Overflow and played with air flow adjustment a bit but the surface is still not perfect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Darrin and Toreen

Darrin and Toreen,

If you like I could arrange maybe on Sat to come over again and play with it for you or give me a call and I could give you one piece of help that may fix it before I make my way over there:wink: :smile:Always willing to help :)

Dan

busymum
01-23-2009, 04:05 AM
Thanks to both of you. I cut a piece of plastic to cover much of the opening so that the skimmer was only able to draw from the top inch or so of the surface. I'll know better in the morning. If it does the job I will take you up on that piece of acryllic you offered me Dan in order to make it more permanent.

Thanks again,
Darrin & Toreen