PDA

View Full Version : Good herbivore/algea eater for my tank?

Kryten
01-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Just wondering what people think would be good for my situation. I have a 24 gal nano with corals, an occellaris clown, yellow watchman goby, green wrasse, and purple pseudochromis. Getting a lot of different kinds of green things growing and need something to help keep it in check. Could be fish or invert, doesn't matter as long as it will be compatible and do the job. I've had emerald crabs in the past but they have died quickly - I suspect the wrasse.

chevyjaxon
01-21-2009, 10:54 PM
try a sea hare

Bandsaw
01-24-2009, 04:18 PM
I would imagine a Sea Hare would soon starve in a 24g. Still, if you are have an someone to give the hare to when he is done the job, or give him some veggies, he would be a good choice.

Just be ready to get the Sea Hare out of the tank should he die. They can wipe a healthy tank quickly.

Oh ya, they do better with small tender shoots of algea than the long stringy HA. If the Hare can get at the HA while it's small and tasty, you're good to go.

Other than a Sea Hare, maybe a lawnmower blenny, but again, in a 24g, he would clean house real quick. Some will take sea veggies and other pellet foods. Mine never has. I have enough algea growing to keep him good a fat.

Good luck,

noirsphynx
01-24-2009, 05:00 PM
What about a blue tuxedo urchin?