PDA

View Full Version : WTB - any sps colonies?

Whatigot
01-21-2009, 06:06 PM
got a lot of frags, got my name on a couple of choice frag wait lists...
just want to add some size to my tank without having to wait for things to grow...

I'm open to any sps really just as long as they are colony size...
lets say minimum 6" and more than just one branch.

Happy to pay a fair price, such as what JL would give you for trade in value...

Hit me up with a pm.

thanks kindly.

dkcrx
01-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Check out Aquadic Addictions in Abbotsford they have lots of awsome colonies at very good prices, I picked up about 10 new ones in the last couple of weeks and they get more almost every week.

Whatigot
01-21-2009, 07:05 PM
I thought the pieces were nice, some of the nicest i have seen in a store actually, but very expensive.

I was there twice last week and while the specimens were exceptional, I would imagine any reefer would give me a better price than what they were asking at the retail level.

what did you pay for your 10 colonies that you bought and which ones specifically did you buy?

dkcrx
01-21-2009, 08:00 PM
I have no idea what they are called, I suck when it comes to that. But I can send you some pics.

Whatigot
01-21-2009, 08:02 PM
what did you pay for them and what size are they?
no need for pics...
thanks for the advice.

dkcrx
01-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Prices were from 60 - 100, good size awsome color

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-22-2009, 03:21 AM
J&L had a few nice blue pieces today. Not sure what kind cause I am terrible with names but VERY nice. I think they were $89. Worth it IMO even though they were only about 3"-4" max.

deep6er
01-22-2009, 05:01 AM
its a bit of a drive for you but OA has some nice sps colonies

Whatigot
01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
hey guys, really appreciate the info, but I know I can go to the LFS and fork over their asking prices but then why bother posting here?

I'm looking to spend 60 max on a good sized colony and would prefer it came from a reefer with a nice established system than at any LFS.

I do appreciate the info though, but please no more suggestions for fish stores, I know they are out there and I'm just trying another avenue here.
:wink: