PDA

View Full Version : looking for output mod for deltec mce 600

curtisharrison
01-20-2009, 08:47 PM
looking for output mod for deltec mce 600...thanks

Pescador
01-20-2009, 10:10 PM
It kinda looks like it's just a 90 and a 130 elbow with a piece of 1 1/2" pvc. Maybe Home Depot?

curtisharrison
01-20-2009, 10:25 PM
its a little smaller then.. 1 5/8 0r 40 mm

RuGlu6
01-21-2009, 12:00 AM
I tryed that,(both soft nad hard material) like vacuum hose) you will get air bubbles back to the tank.

It is not an issue of corse if skimmer is in the sump..

tony1928
05-18-2009, 08:34 PM
I tried that myself as well....getting alot of bubbles back into the tank. There must be some trick as Deltec sells something that looks more or less like the same thing. I assume there's something we're doing differently than them? http://www.deltecusa.us/proteinskimmers/mce600.php

It doesn't look like anything special.....

Any insights would be much appreciated. Thx.
Tony

RuGlu6
05-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Just let it run in for a while (a month or so) it took surprisingly long time for mine to stop producing micro bubbles.
But some times when i use AlgeaX it will produce bubbles again.
All i use is the supplied plate and it works fine.

pluff
05-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi,ive had mine for close to 2 years now.... never any bubbles back to the tank. where do you set your orange dial? I have mine set at about 2 oclock... ...give that a try...

tony1928
05-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah, there's no bubbles actually being produced in the water that's coming through the skimmer itself. I tried a DIY output mod just to try to eliminate some of the water noise/salt creep that occurs. Figuring that if the water coming out enters under the surface of the tank water, I'd eliminate much of the occasionally splashing. I just went to home depot and picked up a 90 degree and a 45 degree fitting and a short pieces of pipe and connected it so that it more or less looked exactly the same as the Deltec output mod that they sell. I think I may have to tweak the length of the pipe as perhaps I have it returning too deep into the tank thereby causing some strange flow issues. I notice that when the water was flowing out with the oem diffuser plate, the water level never got higher than the plate itself when I have the venturi set at 2 oclock. Now that I have the pipe, the water almost reaches the top of the output pipe. My guess is that it takes some energy to actually push the water down and out the pipe. I'm going to try to shorten it as much as possible and see how it goes.