PDA

View Full Version : Adding Solar Wrasses to a tank that has one?

Trigger Man
01-19-2009, 01:35 AM
So I really like the coloring of my current Solar wrasse that has been in my tank for over a year (around 4 inches now). I know Solar wrasses are not too aggressive, so I was wondering what others thought about picking up 2 to 4 more hopefully of similar size or maybe a little smaller as that is all I've seen the LFS bringing in? Is it worth the risk?

Johnny Reefer
01-19-2009, 03:31 AM
I had 3, but now it's 2. Not sure what happened to the 1. Tank is a 180.

MikeP
01-19-2009, 04:29 AM
I have Blue Sided, Solar and Radiant wrasses in my tank (added in that order). The Blue Sided, which is the biggest, chased around the Solar for a week or two when he was first put in but now there are no problems. They both left the Radiant alone when I put him in. All are doing quite well.

HTH

Borderjumper
01-19-2009, 04:59 AM
I added another Solar to my tank a while back. The first one had been there for a month. OMG it was WW3!! I took the older one out and put it in the sump for a week.. then added him back after he learned some humility.. the get along just fine now.

Trigger Man
01-19-2009, 05:27 AM
I added another Solar to my tank a while back. The first one had been there for a month. OMG it was WW3!! I took the older one out and put it in the sump for a week.. then added him back after he learned some humility.. the get along just fine now.

good to know, how did you catch the wrasse in your tank?

Borderjumper
01-19-2009, 05:46 AM
It was easy.. I know where he sleeps! I have a few 3" pieces of PVC on my sand bed for the wrasses and mandarins.. they really like to sleep in them. Ghetto Caves:wink: