PDA

View Full Version : Lf 48" lights, power heads, sand, and rock in Calgary on a budget

24storm
01-17-2009, 10:58 PM
I am trying to help my cousin set up a tank and he does not have a very large budget. We are looking for any 48" setup that we can get at a good price. Would like to get a T5 setup but will look at all offers. Let me know if you have anything that may work for project ghetto. We have a 90 gallon tank with sump (thanks Colby and Jay). I am making the stand at my shop. I have a skimmer i am letting him use. We also need a couple of power heads. Also if any one has any rock or sand they are looking to part with let me know what you want for it. I have some rock that i will take from my sump for him. If anyone has sand we will clean it and use that. Also if you think of anything i am missing here.

Like i said this is being done on a tight budget so let me know anything you may have. He just moved to Calgary from Ontario so he does not know anyone here and this hobby is a great way to meet people and keep you busy while draining your pockets.

Thanks Keith

my2rotties
01-22-2009, 04:21 AM
I have a couple of Ehiem canisters if you need them for free. I also have some 48" bulbs that are in good shape for free.

my2rotties
01-22-2009, 04:23 AM
I have a big bucket of crushed coral for free if you like as well. It does need to be cleaned but I did do it when I removed it from my 55g. I have a few rocks as well...

Red Coral Aquariums
01-22-2009, 04:32 AM
We just brought in an inexpensive line of products that is holding up really well with in store and customer use.

48" T5 lighting HO with 4 bulbs (included) with stands and covers $269.99
500 gph power heads 19.99
Not bad skimmers for 89.99 and pump 24.99

Kevin