PDA

View Full Version : New Nano Cube HQI 28G tank question

jalemboo
01-17-2009, 09:17 PM
I just setup my nano tank last night, i used arag-alive sand and placed 3 fiji dead rocks in my tank. How long does it take for these rocks to be live and how long does it take for cycle to complete.

Planning to add few more live rocks in tomorrow, would it help?

Skimmerking
01-18-2009, 12:45 AM
it sounds like that your in a hurry. take your time adding more rock won't speed it up. it will help you bacterial load thou. IME you should try to get some sand from other tanks in your area. that will help in allowing the sand to become live. As for the rocks you should put a couple of pieces in the tank to help you speed up the cycle. Add some Hagen cycle to your tank to help speed up the cycle too.

jalemboo
01-18-2009, 05:03 AM
Thank you for the suggestion, i will take my time.

Rbacchiega
01-21-2009, 01:18 AM
where did you get the rock from? if it is indeed "dead" you'll need to do something to start the cycle. Adding some uncured or partially cured rock will help, or you could add 500ml of Hagen "Cycle" to get things started. Even then, you're still looking at a week or two just to be safe. Check the readings every day. You'll see an ammonia spike and then things will start to recede to normal levels. When that happens, you'll be able to slowly start adding things to your tank