PDA

View Full Version : creston,bc

freddy
01-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Just wondering if there is anyone out there from the creston area.

robzilla
01-17-2009, 12:01 AM
used to known of a reefer, aaron, but he's moved to sask...
he did mention there were a few reefers in the area.
if you're ever over this way....and i come thru creston every once in awhile

freddy
01-17-2009, 12:55 AM
I knew Aaron too,used too go over to his place,he helped me out quite a bit.I'm just running a 46 gallon softie tank right now(sumpless)hopefully get a bigger tank this year.Need a job first.

robzilla
01-17-2009, 02:56 AM
I knew Aaron too,used too go over to his place,he helped me out quite a bit.I'm just running a 46 gallon softie tank right now(sumpless)hopefully get a bigger tank this year.Need a job first.

i was over to his place many times too.

areefdream
01-26-2009, 02:45 AM
Reefers in the Kootenays, there are not many of us! I have been in Nelson for over a year now and feel it will be home for a while. I have only been into the hobby for three years and desperately need to meet other enthusiasts.

freddy
01-26-2009, 03:17 AM
It's good to here that there is reefers nearby,I have been In creston for around 25yrs and know of another reefer a friend of mine,but that's about it,there has to be more somewhere.

danny zubot
02-02-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm new to the Koot's as well, good to see another one come out of the woodwork. A few more and we might warrant a meet and greet!

Tell us about your set up if you don't mind?

freddy
02-02-2009, 02:03 AM
I have a 46 gallon bowfront sumpless,red sea prizm skimmer plus running a 500 aquaclear with foam and carbon.lights are 36"coralife 96watt 10000k,24"coralife aqualight fixture2x65w one atinic,one 10000k.softie tank,leathers,colti,kenya trees,mushrooms,bubble coral,green star polyps and a squamosa clam.

areefdream
02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
My tank has been up and running as a saltwater for nearly 2005 we have moved 4 times but virtually the same setup. I have never had a ton of money to throw at it so it has always stayed small.
33gtank, hang on remora skimmer, aqua clear 400 filter withfoam and usually carbon, 4x39w T5 lights, and two additional powerheads for flow.
Corals: moonstone, frogspawn, zoo's, gsp, and some brown toadstool leathers.
Inverts: One-two (who knows anymore?) peppermint shrimp, and some snails, two diggers.
Fish: Only one gold band clown, but I am considering getting a powder blue and a lawnmower this week to keep her company. Would really like to get some more frags.

areefdream
02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
A few more and we might warrant a meet and greet!
I would agree, I have never actually had a friend in the hobby. For many years I have just been wondering around thinking I was alone.

freddy
02-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I've never had a ton of money either wife and kids come first,my setup is pretty basic but it works just fine,my colti is going to split again soon and I could always frag off some leather if interested,it would be nice to meet others in the kootney area for advice ,swaps ect...

freddy
02-02-2009, 02:52 PM
I was going to say in my last thread,around 3yrs ago I had a lawnmower pretty cool fish a pig but cool,got to big for my tank so had to go.

robzilla
02-02-2009, 04:41 PM
i'd be up for a meeting of local reefers. i probably know of another dozen or so in the area, i could get the word out for a meet..
i've been talking with chris, another member on canreef about the same idea.

freddy
02-03-2009, 01:53 PM
I think that would be a good idea for kootney reeefers to meet once in a while I know of one other in creston and I know there is more.

areefdream
02-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I would be up for it. It would be good to meet others and like Freddy says it would also be a good way to expand our tanks. I have a couple brown toadstool leathers that I could trade. If somebody organizes it I would be in.

brizzo
02-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey guys,

Me and some others locally in the Okanagan have been working on starting a club. I was hoping to announce more about it later this month. Maybe we could encompass the interior too ? Website and all those fun things are almost done, along with forum too. Let me know :)

robzilla
02-04-2009, 05:55 PM
if you could include our kootenay side that would be great. that has been a goal of mine to set something up as i know there are other reefers around

let me know if you require some help,

rob

freddy
02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
sounds great,I'll pass the word around in creston and if there is anything I could do let me know.

areefdream
02-05-2009, 01:58 PM
thats all, I am interested