PDA

View Full Version : FS 3' Tek light (Surrey)

martym
01-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Selling a 3' 6 bulb T5 Tek light, 3 months old with bulbs. (Pending payment)

Whatigot
01-15-2009, 02:09 PM
went by and saw it yesterday.
Absolutely mint condition fixture.
Good seller here.
bump.

Rbacchiega
01-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Pm'd

Myka
01-15-2009, 07:56 PM
What bulbs come with it?

martym
01-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Guesseman (sp?) 2 pure actinic (I think) and 4 actinic+ Only run for 3 months X 8hrs/day

martym
01-19-2009, 06:40 PM
^^^

Whatigot
01-19-2009, 07:15 PM
you just have the light left marty?
anything else use reefers might be interested in?

also, PM me on where your best offer is on that 500 obo..
Thanks again for the zebra dartfish.
Cheers

piusma
01-20-2009, 12:39 AM
I have personally seen this light and it is in great condition as it was a short term of ownership. I actually bought other stuff from marty and have a copy of receipt of everything he bought so I could attest for it's "age". He also has the legs for the lights which alone is another $78 + tax @ J&L. The light is currently selling at $437 + taxes, excluding your bulbs, legs and taxes. I've calculated from aquacave with legs and lights comes to $483 US that is before shipping and taxes. Here's the shipping info from aquacave

Please Note that our automated shopping cart shipping fees are set up for Continental US orders only.

Free Shipping Promotion: For the limited time we are offering free shipping promotion where most orders over $175.00 will ship with no additional shipping fees. This promotion applies only to orders shipped within lower continental US.
For international customers with orders over $175.00, actual shipping fee will be reduced by $10.95.
Items marked as *Heavy Item* have additional shipping fee added to their price, these fees are not covered within this promotion.
This promotion applies only to orders placed directly through our website.

On-Line Orders: You can use our shopping cart to place your international order. As soon as your order is received, we will contact you via email with an actual shipping cost. Your credit card will not be charged until we receive your final approval of shipping cost.

And you'll probably expect either a moderate shipping fee from the states for the size of this item (USPS shipping / UPS / FedEX non ground service) or pay a hefty brokerage fee if you decided to save shipping with group service. I buy lots of camera equipment from the states so I somewhat know what to expect from shipping. Plus you'll probably pay your PST and GST across the border. Assuming $50 US shipping for your shipping and handling.

$483 + $58 (PST + GST for BC) + $50 shipping = $591 US
Today's US Canadian conversion rate 1US = 1.258 CAD
Total comes to $743 CAD plus waiting time. As a matter of fact, it has cost him much more because I see how much marty paid for the light @ J&L, and I believe he's asking for a fair deal if you are looking for this locally. With the life of the bulbs, it's quite a reasonable price. I have gotten myself a used Tek light and I had to change the reflector and bulbs. The reflector alone has cost me about $80 and the lights probably going to be another $150 or so. And a free bump to a good seller.
Steven

cyber_ecco
01-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Who cares what it is in the US? Its what it costs to buy it here or wherever you are locally. Gas is half price in the US, but we still fill up here. Unless you have some way of shipping it here without paying brokerage fees, gas for travel time to pick up, shipping fees, taxes etc. Lets not forget the 20% or so exchange in the dollar as well. There is lots of extra expenses when ordering from the US that people do not think about. Its just a crappy fact of life for us living in Canada.

martym
01-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Yes it is, but add the legs @ 70.00 and 6 bulbs at 25 and tax @12%
389+70+(25*6)=609.00*1.12=$682.08.

New price $400.00