PDA

View Full Version : Changing set up

BCReefer
05-21-2003, 01:18 AM
Good day all.

I have been thinking about getting rid of my fish & corals and going with 1 or 2 small puffer or lionfish in 33G tank. Any comments or suggestions?

Cheers,
Patrick

psuedo
05-21-2003, 02:42 AM
It will be cheaper, but will lack the beauty that goes hand in hand with a reef

Bob I
05-21-2003, 03:34 AM
It will be cheaper, but will lack the beauty that goes hand in hand with a reef

On the other hand, puffers have a whole lot more personality than corals, so I think the trade off is worth it. I am soon doing something similar. I will turn my 50 into a FOWLR keeping just my clowns and LTA, and a few other fish. :biggrin:

EmilyB
05-21-2003, 04:16 AM
I've kept dwarf lionfish, larger lionfish, and several species of small and large puffers. You won't find too many suitable for a tank that size, and you will find it to be VERY limiting IMO.

The saddled or valentini puffer would be my suggestion, and is a peaceful puffer that can coexist with many other peaceful fish and even some inverts. A small zebra dwarf would probably be fine as well for a long time IF it is eating frozen foods, however they will eat anything they can fit in their mouth.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In some ways, I enjoy my 33g puffer tank more than the reef, actually more and more so every day.

BCReefer
05-21-2003, 04:17 AM
I thought a change is what I needed. Something different and puffers are really neat.

I want to get a bigger tank when i get my house. 33G is not big enough for a proper coral tank. I know I can do a lot but I want more.

any suggestions for the fish?

Thanks
Patrick