PDA

View Full Version : DT in fallow mode.

white sand
01-15-2009, 01:58 AM
My display tank is in fallow mode due to an ich outbreak. What is the period of time for the ich to run its course? Is it six or eight weeks?

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Generally. Can be longer. You will know when you introduce the fish back. I did 9 weeks and still got ich again.

i have crabs
01-15-2009, 03:04 AM
have the fish that your putting back in been treated and cured of ich? if so after 6 weeks should be safe if all fish were removed, however nothing can ever be guaranteed.

white sand
01-15-2009, 03:51 AM
Hmmm, gsp, that does not sound hopeful:neutral: I currently have no fish from the original display as the three that I did have did not survive. I do however have a quarantine set up for new additions, and just wondering when would it be the safe point to reintroduce quarantined fish.

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-15-2009, 04:14 AM
Hmmm, gsp, that does not sound hopeful:neutral: I currently have no fish from the original display as the three that I did have did not survive. I do however have a quarantine set up for new additions, and just wondering when would it be the safe point to reintroduce quarantined fish.

Well I have had some pretty bad luck with ich. Its still in my tank but the fish do fine and rarely show signs. When they do, they still do not rub or suffer as far as I can see. As long as it stays like this I will not be QTing. The only fish I have ever lost with ich are in a QT tank.

I would give it a few more weeks and then if your comfortable go ahead and add some new fish. I assume you are going to Qt the new fish as well?