PDA

View Full Version : Bicolor Blenny okay with a Diamond Goby?

Carmen
01-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Tank is 72 G. Okay to have blenny and a goby?

Pan
01-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Yes...but :) Bicolor blennys are kind of pains in the ass. I wouldn't worry about him and the goby ( I had both in my big system, they stayed away from each other, they had the room) but when they were together they just did the normal territorial things, but the bi-color blenny was just a general pain in the ass.

my2rotties
01-13-2009, 05:27 AM
LOL! How is a fish a pain in the ass?:lol::lol::lol:

A husband is a pain in the ass, but a fish?

, but the bi-color blenny was just a general pain in the ass.

noirsphynx
01-13-2009, 05:40 AM
I have a bicolor & a tiger goby in my 90g with no problems and so far my bicolor hasn't been a PITA :lol:

Pan
01-13-2009, 06:12 AM
I've had 3 bi-colors and yes they were a pain in the ass....just an abundance of desire to annoy other tank inhabitants.

Pan
01-13-2009, 06:13 AM
LOL! How is a fish a pain in the ass?:lol::lol::lol:

A husband is a pain in the ass, but a fish?
I'm telling your husband! now you will have to get him that Achilles :)

tgoeujon
01-13-2009, 06:59 AM
ive got a lawnmower blenny, wheelers goby, diamond goby, yellow watchman goby, scooter blenny and an orange dashed prawn goby in a 55 gallon and the worst i get is the diamond and the orange dash hopping at each other and thats rare

reeferious
01-13-2009, 07:54 AM
my pair has been chasing each other around since day one and nothing else. they might possibly be paired?

Carmen
01-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Yes...but :) Bicolor blennys are kind of pains in the ass. I wouldn't worry about him and the goby ( I had both in my big system, they stayed away from each other, they had the room) but when they were together they just did the normal territorial things, but the bi-color blenny was just a general pain in the ass.

Ha Ha Ha! :razz: A pain in the ass??! Like how so...gonna chase my other fish and nip at fins or what?:wink:

What I really wanted to know was if the bicolor and the redlip blenny have similar personalities? Love the character of the Redlip but a fellow Canreefer has offered me her Bicolor. :mrgreen:

fishytime
01-13-2009, 03:04 PM
And why is it that she doesnt want her bi-color any more? Mine was a great fish with tons of character and Pi$$ and vinegar. He was maybe two inches and would take every opportunity to bite a 4-5" PBT that I had. I thought it was kinda funny....he would shoot out bite the tang in the tail and then run and hide. The tang would get so irate and chase the first fish it saw, which never was the offender.

MikeP
01-13-2009, 04:05 PM
As far as blenny's go I'm pretty sure the bi-color and the redlip are two of the more aggressive types. I had a lawnmower for a long time and he kept to himself.

HTH

my2rotties
01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Go ahead and tell, he already knows:razz: I guess instead of husband I should have said spouse, since we all are a PITA to each other. :lol:

Hubby would have to bring the Achilles home since I think tangs are a PITA. I never thought of fish in this regards but now I have a whole new vocabulary in regards to my fish, thanks to you.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm telling your husband! now you will have to get him that Achilles :)

spoot
01-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Adopted a bicolour from someone shutting down there tank. It liked to **** off my sleeper goby for fun. Lots of personality though.

noirsphynx
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I wonder if my guy will start pestering anyone. He's been great and keeps to himself. He's housed with an bellus angel, kole tang, 6 line wrasse, tiger goby, 2 yellow clown gobies and a dartfish and has never bothered anyone. The only reason I think I'd re-home mine is if I can find a Midas blenny. I do have problems with my wrasse nipping at my dartfish though.