PDA

View Full Version : Egg Crate in Calgary

spanky
01-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Where does everyone get egg crate from in Calgary? I wanted to make something to keep my fish in the tank.(havent lost any yet and would like to keep it that way). I have a glass top but would rather not use it. Any other suggestions to make a easily removable top that keeps the "jumpers" in?
Thanks.

digital-audiophile
01-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Home Depot and Rona have it in their lighting department. I think they call it a "light diffuser". If you ask for egg crate there you will just get a weird look :p

spanky
01-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Haha ok thanks for the info.....Also what do most people use the white, black or silver generally? Im afraid to be different lol.

xtreme
01-12-2009, 05:56 PM
I'd stick with white. I don't think black would work to well.

hillbillyreefer
01-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Black or white doesn't matter. Buy the white stuff and if you don't like it paint it whatever color you want with krylon fusion. Last time I picked some up it was in the ceiling tile section. I looked all over the light section and got the blank stare even when I asked for light diffuser.

spanky
01-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it.

Delphinus
01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
+1 on the recommendation to just paint it if you want something other than white (Krylon Fusion, neither Home Depot or Rona carry it, but Canuck Tire does). I went and bought black eggcrate once, not only did I have to special order it from some obscure specialty shop (don't even remember who anymore :redface:) but it took a couple weeks to come in and was like $20 per sheet. Whereas white is, what, $3 each or thereabouts. So lesson learned there..

spanky
01-12-2009, 06:36 PM
+1 on the recommendation to just paint it if you want something other than white (Krylon Fusion, neither Home Depot or Rona carry it, but Canuck Tire does). I went and bought black eggcrate once, not only did I have to special order it from some obscure specialty shop (don't even remember who anymore :redface:) but it took a couple weeks to come in and was like $20 per sheet. Whereas white is, what, $3 each or thereabouts. So lesson learned there..

Yea thats quite a difference in price. It wont be seen anyways i have a conopy so 3 bucks sounds perfect to me :biggrin: thanks.