PDA

View Full Version : Good tank mate for Firefish

wgama
01-12-2009, 02:39 PM
I was wondering what kind of fish would be a good tank mate for a firefish, I have him in a 14 gallon nano.

Snaz
01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I do not have an answer but I am curious about a firefish for my 12 gallon nano once I trade in my clown. The tank has a full hood so if he gets jumpy he can only go into the back filters.

Is he skittish? Does he hang out in the open water column or stay near the bottom? His only fishmate would be an Orchid Dotty.

my2rotties
01-12-2009, 03:15 PM
My firefish stays close to the bottom and lives under a rock. He has been with all sorts of fish and is very skittish so nobody really bothers with him. He also was fine with false percula clownfish as well. I don't see my firefish much since he is in a 260g, but he comes out to feed and such. You would enjoy him much more in your tank. At least you would see him.

Snaz
01-12-2009, 03:37 PM
My firefish stays close to the bottom and lives under a rock.

Hmm, My Orchid Dotty rules the underworld. I need an open colunm fish that is not a clown.

wgama
01-13-2009, 12:10 AM
My firefish is fine, he swims around all the time. ALthough he kinda has a clownfish phobia becasue he was abused by a pair of juvenile Clarkii's for a while (nasty little fish).