PDA

View Full Version : vavau Tonga Rock

chns0289
03-15-2002, 10:02 PM
I think that this rock from J&L is the worst and most over-priced rock out there. I am really dissapointed with it - not only is it non-porous and heavy, but it is an algae magnet. STAY AWAY from it!

Seaquest
03-15-2002, 10:35 PM
Hi

I'm sorry to hear you received a rock type that did not meet up to your expectations, It is and has always been suggested that you source out the differences in rock types so you know exactly what your getting. I've only heard good things about J&L on this board, even thou every one here is from the west coast, Next time try Australian rock, I guarintee you will drool for weeks over it. smile.gif

Cheers

Sushiman
03-18-2002, 03:04 AM
You must of hit a bad batch, mine looks great & is nice & purple... :confused:

DJ88
03-18-2002, 03:28 AM
Have you spoken to John or Alan about these concerns? I am sure they would like to hear your them.

I drop in at least once a week and all the rock I have ever seen looks pretty good to me. As for prices, I doubt you will find a better price anywhere in Canada. Especially for something that is NOT fiji LR. As well they will beat any competitors prices by 10%. And looking at any other retailers prices online I can't find anyone that beats their prices on anything anyways. Including LR. No one else carries it so how can you say they are over priced? At $7.95 a pound uncured it is cheaper than most places in canada for most of the LR they carry. Fiji is sold at the cheapest price in Canada.

I have the feeling that this post was made to slander a reputable company. If I am in error, please let me know. If I am correct, unbased slanderous posts are not permitted on this board. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

DJ88
03-18-2002, 04:03 AM
I am going to move this to the appropriate forum.