PDA

View Full Version : Sick Fish

awa1979
01-12-2009, 01:45 AM
I have 2 fish who have had better days.

They are fairly new arrivals so they have been in quarantine and this morning when I was checking on them I noticed the angel has white spots so I am fairly certain it has ich.

The clown fish though has no white spots, but on one side of its body has a milky white film on its side that appears as if its pulling away.

SG is 1.024
Temp 79F
pH is 8.1
Ammonia and Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate looks like 0, but could be up to 10ppm. Hard for me to tell the exact color.

I tried to get some photos and these are the best I could get with my camera. Sorry for the quality.

Powertec
01-12-2009, 02:04 AM
The angel looks to have Lymphocystis.Is it salt size white spots or is it how it looks in the pic of bigger almost fluffy looking spots? It is a viral infection and usually good water and diet and they heal on there own.

The clown sounds to have Brookynella. Which is not good for the clown and since it is with the Angel it either. I have never had iot so am unsure how to deal with it but i am sure if you google the name it will help.
Or maybe someone can chime in here on how to deal with it.

Just goggled the Brookynella and it says copper treated tank and a formalin dip as we'll.
Good luck

Trigger Man
01-12-2009, 02:28 AM
I had brookynella (your pic looks like it) on one of my fish a couple of years ago and I had successful treatment with using both copper and formalin as the treatment in my QT tank.

tang daddy
01-12-2009, 02:33 AM
how bout trying some other meds like erythiomycin and prazi pro aswell.

awa1979
01-13-2009, 02:16 AM
The clown was dead this morning, died sometime between 4am and 9am.

I am treating the angel still and it appears to be doing better, the amount of white spots has decreased and he is more active then before. Hoping it will pull through.

I still can't get it to eat though which concerns me.

dsaundry
01-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Try soaking the food in garlic. Sorry about the Clown:sad:

Trigger Man
01-13-2009, 04:21 AM
ya sorry to hear about the clown, hopefully the angel pulls through

awa1979
01-13-2009, 06:01 AM
I tried adding garlic without any luck.

The angel is eating now, so hopefully that's a good sign.