PDA

View Full Version : Reeflo snapper pump making funny noises.

wolf_bluejay
01-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Ok, I've got a snapoer running my tank -- and all of a sudden it started making quite a rattle.
At first, I assumed something was getting tossed around in the impeller housing, but I took that apart and cleaned it. It seems to be either the seal (not leaking), or the motor bearings. Has anyone ever had this kind of problem with these pump?

Even more so -- does anyone have the contact info for reeflo/sequence in canada. it seems I can find a whole pile of numbers from reeflopumpd.com and mdminc.com but I don't know who the right place is or a number that acutally works from here.

Help?

mark
01-11-2009, 09:08 PM
The bearing went on my Dart but was more a squealing than a rattle.

Customer Service was excellent once I made contact via e-mail. Never could get through with the phone number for Reeflo and when called Sequence told to use the Reeflo number).

michika
01-12-2009, 01:36 AM
The toll free number included in the manuals are for american customers only. Reeflo prefers that you contact the vendor you purchased your pump at for service. I've been through this, and I recommend emailing them if you can't get in touch with your vendor.