PDA

View Full Version : Frag Tank.....Help

mtlmatt
01-11-2009, 04:03 AM
Hey guys,
I'm kind of new to the whole saltwater world and I have a few questions about a new frag tank I'm starting. I recently bought a current USA 24" 4 t5ho (24 watt each) (140$), a remora maxi jet 1200 (120$) 2 power heads and a heater, all in a custom 20g tank
(24'x16'x18,) (180$). A friend of mine has a 140g saltwater tank and I'm going to use his water the next time he does a water change. I wanted to know if I would need more filtration, lighting, ECT. I would also like it if someone can give me some ideas on how to set up the tank and the egg crate. Thanks alot and I'm sure I will have more questions to come.

tang daddy
01-11-2009, 10:15 AM
some usefull pics on reef central in the propogation site onsetting up frag tanks and eggcrate shelves if you visit the site be sure to check out coral maternity in portugal, he's the frags master, as for lights it should be fine for most corals especially if you're growing out frags of sps they can do well with the 96watts of light just be sure to keep params in check and have adequete flow.