PDA

View Full Version : LF-Replacement Controller (Do not need, its working again)

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-10-2009, 11:31 PM
I guess it just needed to dry out some more. I kept it opened up infornt of the fire and it started working again.

Thanks everyone!

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Or if anyone has had this happen and knows if they can be fixed at all, please let me know. I have a feeling its fried though.

Ughhh...Why does J&L have to be backordered right now with these controllers?!?

mark
01-10-2009, 11:53 PM
you're sure not having a good time.

disassemble and try a rinse in distilled water then dry, can't hurt

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-10-2009, 11:57 PM
you're sure not having a good time.

disassemble and try a rinse in distilled water then dry, can't hurt

No I have the flu, favorite fish dies, controller falls in saltwater, favorite football team looses (really not a big deal at this point) and I buy a few new fish today and two of them die in acclimation :sad:

I can't wait to go to bed tonight...

EDIT: oh and while trying to fix the controller, I flood my kitchen with RO water.

Tangman
01-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Maybe it's time to go to bed and call it a day, It sounds like you've had a ruff one ! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Hang in there.....

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Maybe it's time to go to bed and call it a day, It sounds like you've had a ruff one ! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Hang in there.....

Thanks! I was suppose to go out tonight but I am staying home...For one I can't afford it anymore since it looks like I am going to have to replace a controller and two, I don't even want to know what bad luck I would have leaving home.

Just one of those days I guess.

I wonder what the chances of heavy duty double sided tape failing and dropping your controller during the few minutes you have a bucket of new salt water underneath...

xtreme
01-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks! I was suppose to go out tonight but I am staying home...For one I can't afford it anymore since it looks like I am going to have to replace a controller and two, I don't even want to know what bad luck I would have leaving home.

Just one of those days I guess.

I wonder what the chances of heavy duty double sided tape failing and dropping your controller during the few minutes you have a bucket of new salt water underneath...

Sorry to hear. Must have something to do with that full moon.

hillegom
01-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Sorry to hear all that, go to bed, new day tomorrow

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-11-2009, 02:21 AM
Anyone know where I can oder just the controller? J&L sells them for $179 but are backordered.

I don't want to have to buy a whole new set up really...it gets so much more expensive!

braid11
01-11-2009, 02:43 AM
They have the jr packabg in stock, won't they spilt it up, and bring in another controller?

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-11-2009, 02:54 AM
They have the jr packabg in stock, won't they spilt it up, and bring in another controller?

I was going to ask them actually but it did start working again!

Thanks for the idea.

braid11
01-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Nice.

I was going to say I dropped a cel into a lake, and also an eheim timed fish feeder into my FW tank. Both stopped intially, but I opened them up, ran a hair dryer over them for a long time, and eventually they both came back to life.

Actually, I did that three times to the eheim.

Hope it works out.