PDA

View Full Version : Any Bubble Magus out there?

Chipie
01-10-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm about to buy a skimmer for my 65 gallons sps tank and i want to get something that would also work on a 125g because i know that i'm going to upgrade to that later.
I have only 23.5 inch height under my stand and 11.5 X 9 inches space in my sump.

So any Bubble magus owners out there? I would really like to have your reviews on this skimmer before i buy.
Thanks

mark
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
type Magus in the search, there been some interesting reviews and ah debates

Skimmerking
01-10-2009, 03:34 PM
believe a ATI Bubble master would work on you tank or you can always get a Beckett skimmer

hillbillyreefer
01-10-2009, 03:56 PM
There is a large thread on rc about the bubble magnus skimmers. They had some pump problems but overall it's a very positive thread.

Chipie
01-10-2009, 08:17 PM
believe a ATI Bubble master would work on you tank or you can always get a Beckett skimmer

Hi,
Is there someone who sells the ATI bubble master online?
Thanks

Veng68
01-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Check out the Vertex skimmers at J&L...... they are on sale for 25% off while supplies last.

I am going to pick one up tomorrow.

Cheers,
Vic

Chipie
01-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Yes i heard some good things about those Vertex skimmer but the problem is the one rated for a 125g is 24 inches high.
Are those Vertex skimmers as good as the bubble magus ?
Thanks for your input :)

Veng68
01-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Yes i heard some good things about those Vertex skimmer but the problem is the one rated for a 125g is 24 inches high.
Are those Vertex skimmers as good as the bubble magus ?
Thanks for your input :)

They are supposed as good as Euroreefs.

Cheers,
Vic

Chipie
01-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Would the Octopus extreme 160 be a good option?

Veng68
01-10-2009, 10:08 PM
I think to answer these questions your best bet would be to search RC. They have a lot of threads about different skimmers. Some of the threads are dedicated to specific skimmers like "Vertex Club" or "Bubble Magus Club".

I never used to Octopus so I can't really comment.

Cheers,
Vic

Skimmerking
01-10-2009, 10:23 PM
if you have a 125 gal tank the Deltec 600 will work or spend the money on the mini 180 or 200 Bubble king, the ATI skimmer is a fantastic skimmer,but the pumps the ATI pumps on my were hard to get going after a power failure. so that is the only crappy thing about the skimmer is the pump, However the pump is what makes the skimmer any ways
I Have tried pretty much every type of skimmer. so its what you want to for your tank power , quality, plug and play.

I wanted this time for this to be my last skimemr , plug and play and quiet

BK all the way

mseepman
01-11-2009, 02:35 AM
I just got a Bubble Magus BMQQ nano skimmer last week. I've been cleaning it and put it on one of my tanks today. Not on my nano tank, because it required deeper water than my nano sump could provide. I'm impressed by the build quality...it's solid, especially since it's only $69 US including a MJ1200. www.nuocean.com

Chris from there was very helpful. You would be looking at a larger unit but if they are built like this little one, then I suspect they will be okay. I'm going to have to wait about a week for this little guy to break in I suspect and then I'll let you know what I think.

ReefJunkie
01-14-2009, 01:49 PM
I have the bubble magus bm100. Its working great, and its super quiet. The only thing I had to do was sand down the seam inside the pump . That being said we will see how the pump lasts long term, but as of now I have no complaints. Purchased the 110v version from fish-street (Hong Kong) and it only took a week to get here.

mseepman
01-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Bubble Magus has now released a new Ver 2.0 of the BM100 which has a stronger magent in the pump and some other minor changes to get over the few issues which people were bringing up.

My new BMQQ has been running as a second skimmer in my main display for 4 days now and I have about 150 ml of NOG in the cup so far. It had about a 2 1/2 day break in and now seems to be getting settled. As a second skimmer, I pretty impressed with that much NOG.

lifemaker
01-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Can you take a picture of the BMQQ in your tank? I'm interested in one as well.

mseepman
01-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Here are a couple of quick pics

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/mseepman/BMQQPic2.jpg?t=1233259879

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/mseepman/BMQQpic1.jpg?t=1233259909

Remember that this is a second skimmer right now and it's still pulling well.

wayner
02-08-2009, 03:26 AM
I have a BM 100 I am going to sell, it has never been used, never seen water, brand spanking new, I've upgraded to a bigger cone skimmer, don't even have water in my tank yet :lol:

Anyhow, within the next week or so I'll put it on the board for sale, Chris at Nuocean just sent me the version 2 needlewheel & impellar., so it comes with 2 needlewheels & 2 impellars.

If anyone is interested pm me & I'l try to work out a price.

http://www.nuocean.com/skimmers/bubble-magus-bm100-115v-60hz.html

Chipie
02-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I finally decided to get the Octopus Extreme 160 and it's a great skimmer. I'm very pleased with it. I looked a the Octopus Extreme owners thread and it was an easy choice. Great reviews

Captainhemo
02-11-2009, 08:43 PM
If you happen to decide on the Vertex, I believe there have been some revisions and the new models should be available soon. You may want to make sure you are getting the latest version
I believe the new versions have a redesigned bubble plate and the pumps have been reorientated /repositioned eliminateing the 90 between the pump and skimmer

Sorry, didn't notice the 2nd page

Whatigot
02-11-2009, 08:50 PM
I love how you cant post about a cheaper skimmer on this board without someone saying you should just get a BK...lol

I think if you have the money, bk no question.
Otherwise, I'm sure people like to know what else is out there at different price points.
I haven't found one bad review of these bubble magus' yet.