PDA

View Full Version : Voretch MP40W Gen 2 Flash?

digital-audiophile
01-10-2009, 02:21 AM
Anyone in town have the gen 2 firmware that would not mind flashing my gen 1 unit?

:)

i have crabs
01-10-2009, 04:26 AM
i have a gen 2 still in the box, im not shure how to do it but if you wanna come to chestermere and try to figure it out im fine with that,i wouldnt mind knowing so i can do the other 2 i have

dreef
01-10-2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1405071 it takes no time at all,a buddy did mine in 2 minutes.

digital-audiophile
01-10-2009, 01:56 PM
That would be sweet. I've admired your big predator tank and loved the feeding videos, it would be cool to see it in person.

i have crabs
01-10-2009, 03:53 PM
only rule is you have to tape krill to your fingers and put your hand in the tank blindfolded

digital-audiophile
01-12-2009, 12:40 AM
So we tried the update today and everything seemed to go fine, however now when I plug in the power to my unit all I get is a solid red light and nothing else happens. Anyone else see this or know the fix?

I emailed ecotech just now so I will see their response tomorrow I would imagine.

xtreme
01-12-2009, 12:51 AM
According to this, a solid red light means pump separation. I upgraded one of my gen 1's without issue. If my impeller falls it flashes red. Not sure what the difference is between pump disconnect and pump separation. I have one if you want to try again, I doubt it would make a difference though.

http://www.ecotechmarine.com/support/Manuals/MP40_manual_2.5.pdf

digital-audiophile
01-12-2009, 12:54 AM

I tried using the button codes for the pump disconnect earlier but with no luck. The only thing I can do after the solid red is to get it flash red/yellow for an overheat :p

digital-audiophile
01-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I got this response back from eccotech

Greg,
Though you did not get any error codes, your upgrade did not take. IF there are any wireless devices in the ara when performing the upgrade (this includes cell phones checking in with the tower) it can interfere with the packets being transferred. Simply perform the upgrade again and make sure before you leave his/her house or he/she leaves yours that you test to be sure your upgrade took.

I guess I need to try it again and turn off the blackberry.

i have crabs
01-13-2009, 12:21 AM
come on back then