PDA

View Full Version : Saskreef registration problem

Delphinus
01-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Don't know if the admins of saskreef frequent Canreef but I'll post this in the hopes that they do, or that one of you guys who do frequent that board can pass this along...

Registration is impossible, I tried to register, but the random question seems to be not working.

For one, the random question is always the same. "Who won the Grey Cup."

Now I'll admit I don't follow CFL greatly. But I'm pretty darn sure that, since I live in Calgary, that I seem to recall hearing a huge hullaballoo a little while ago about the Stamps beating the Allouettes.

Honestly, I don't care. Good for them. Better luck next time Montreal. It's not like any team doesn't have a .. what is it .. 1 in 8 chance? 1 in 6? Whatever it is. Good luck next year, have fun!

Anyhow I've entered "Calgary" "Calgary Stampeders" "Stampeders" "Stamps" .... a couple other variations.

So I tried to message the admins over there to ask for help. But guess what. To do that you have to ... answer the random question ... that doesn't work. :(

Or is it a secret Saskatchewan thing. The answers is "Riders" no matter what team actually won the Grey Cup this year???? :razz: Just for that I'll put in "Rough Riders" instead of "Roughriders." :razz::razz::razz:

hillbillyreefer
01-09-2009, 05:31 PM
I pm'd Crazyfish one of the mods over there for you.

What's the CFL?

hillbillyreefer
01-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah, Compact Flourescent Light. Never heard of those brands, could you post some links?

fdiddy
01-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I would try the roughriders ;) They won last year and I don't think the question would be related to Calgary :P

CrazyFish
01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi Tony: I never gave it much thought to change the sign up question. I was trying to avoid spam. I kinda forgot, I never sign up. I have change the sign up, updated it for another year. I think everyone knows Calgary won the Grey Cup this pass year. Congrads. Sign up Tony we could always use some more Alberta members.

Thank-you
Crazyfish
www.saskreef.ca

Floop70
01-09-2009, 07:12 PM
You could just try something like "Type the name of this board" with the obvious answer being "saskreef". While this won't stop human's from signing up and spamming the board, it will stop bots from doing it. I had to do that to a board I ran a couple years ago.

Delphinus
01-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Just to give you an idea of how sports oriented I am, I wasn't even sure anymore it was Calgary who won THIS season. I was like .. WASN'T it Calgary??? I even looked it up to be sure... :redface: So yeah LAST year's winners would never have even occured to me.

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah I wasn't sure if Calgary had won this past year either! And I LOVE football...but real football :wink: Not the league with like 4 teams and all the players that couldn't make it anywhere else...and then they play each other like 4 times a year just so they can have 16 games or so and then they all make the playoffs anyways because if they didn't all make it, then the playoffs would only be like 3 games...Or do they leave a team or two out. That would be hilarious. Can you imagine being the two teams left out of the playoffs?? Hahaha...that would be rough.

How is it even a league anymore???

Johnny Reefer
01-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Why not make the question, well...you know...kinda reef related? Like, "What kind of fish was Dori?". Something so simple even a kid could do it. (Or if a grown-up can't answer...ask a kid :wink:).

Cheers,

CrazyFish
01-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Thanks all, I think changing the question is a good idea.

robert J
01-10-2009, 04:40 AM
Tony, if I'm not wrong I remember I helped my wife type " saskatchewan ".