PDA

View Full Version : Hector's Goby

Tau2301
05-18-2003, 06:42 PM
I have read what is available on other forums reguarding the Hector and Rainford Gobies and I am looking for some first hand experiances with these fish from this forum.

I am thinking of picking up a pair to put into my refugium which has 40g, 4" DSB, and ~30lbs of rock and circulates with my 80g, 6" DSB, 100lbs of rock.

Jack
05-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Didn't Sam post a picture awhile back of his Hector goby? I think he could give you some info on it. I could be mistaken.

Samw
05-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Mine like to hide between rocks so I hardly see them. They aren't fat and plump like my other fish so I don't know what they really eat. They grab mouthfuls of sand and spit them back out so I believe they are hunting for pods and worms.

So if you're trying to create a safe haven for pods in your refugium, I probably would not put the goby in there.

Tau2301
05-19-2003, 03:09 AM
Thanks for you help. I went and had another look. Thought maybe, just maybe I would buy one instead of two.

I bought two cleaner shrimp instead.

For those of you that are interested the price for the gobies where $10ea and the Cleaner Shrimp at $15ea.

The store, the store, what LFS where these incredible deals - Gold's Aquariums in Forest Lawn.