PDA

View Full Version : sps in kelowna?

tgoeujon
01-07-2009, 12:15 AM
im up here for a few months goin to college and was kinda wondering where the good places to check out for saltwater stuff are? i visited a place in rutland last year but cant remember where it was exactly.

Myka
01-07-2009, 02:50 AM
Did you visit the one that is in a residential area? If so, that was Reef Keepers. You can find their address in the yellow pages. Personally, my fav pit stop for corals is Pet City. If you catch them with a fresh shipment they often have some really nice pieces. You won't find much for SPS in the Okanagan valley though, just LPS and softies.

tgoeujon
01-07-2009, 03:12 AM
hmmmmmmm, any frag farmers in kelowna? wheres pet city?

mseepman
01-07-2009, 04:47 AM
There isn't a lot of SPS in Kelowna, but Interior Reef (interiorreef.com and a Canreef sponsor)has a variety of pieces right now. You might want to try him first.

brizzo
01-07-2009, 03:11 PM
What kind of SPS are you looking for? I have a couple enscrolling montis and some other sps frags that need to encrust a little more.

tgoeujon
01-07-2009, 11:25 PM
im looking for everything, i have a 110 thats pretty much bare right now

Myka
01-08-2009, 02:36 AM
hmmmmmmm, any frag farmers in kelowna? wheres pet city?

It is in the strip mall that I think is called Lakeshore Park or Lakeshore Mall or something like that. It's down on Lakeshore. ;) Lakeshore and KLO Rd.

tgoeujon
01-09-2009, 12:38 AM
where would be the best place in kelowna or vernon for equipment, i need phosban reactors and powerheads?

phillybean
01-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Not sure if anyone in town has Phosban Reactors.

Interior Reef or Reef Keepers is prolly the best bet for powerheads.

Interior_Reef
01-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I do have a shipment coming in soon of SPS & Cleaner Crews. Will post when its ready.

I can have any equipment you want sent up asap. Just PM for what your lookin for, I'll Get you a price, and we can go from there. :)

Captainhemo
01-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Hey Chris, what kind of Koralia's do you ciurrently have in ?

mseepman
01-09-2009, 04:07 PM
If you are looking for Powerheads...AJ's Pets in Vernon has a pretty good selection. Not the cheapest price though. They have all the Koralias (maybe even a few of the magnums) and of course the MJ's, etc.

Price wise, Interior Reef is probably your best bet.

tgoeujon
01-14-2009, 02:26 AM
checked out ajs and complete pet in vernon, complete pet had some nice fish but no corals or powerheads that i was interested in (koralia nano was the top of the line there) and no one that was working even knew what a phosban reactor was. ajs had more stuff as usual but still no decent powerheads, the biggest koralia hey had was a k4 that cost $100. checked out pet city in kelowna and nobody wanted to talk to me, but thats ok there were young girls to occupy them, there was a purple tang that woulda looked good in my tank there though. guess ill just have to wait till interior reef gets there next order in and then go check it out:smile:. has anyone ever been to reefkeepers, they dont even open for there limited hours that are listed, and do they sell supplies or just live goods?

mseepman
01-14-2009, 03:07 AM
Sorry to hear that your trip to Vernon wasn't that successful. Amazingly, Vernon tends to have a better selection of dry goods than Kelowna does despite being half its size or less.

I've been to Reef Keepers but found them to be pretty unfriendly. It's more orient to livestock in my opinion than drygoods. Penticton has nothing at all that I'm aware of.