PDA

View Full Version : what angel you have on your reef?

reefy
01-05-2009, 06:56 PM
I am a big fan of Angelfish currently I have a:
1 regal angel 3''(4 month)
pos:multicolour
bad:nipping on brain corals
1 Emperor(juv)2''(13 days)
pos:nice looking fish
bad:unknown(yet)
future angel would be a female bellus, flame angel and maybe a majestic (juv)
what other angels do you guys have in your reef?

JDigital
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Royal Blue Pygmy Angel.

He's been good when it comes to not nipping/eating corals. But he can be a bossy SOB towards other fish... and very very active!

Phanman
01-05-2009, 07:10 PM
blue queen and king angels are really nice looking

noirsphynx
01-05-2009, 07:18 PM
The only angel in my reef is a female Bellus. She's a beautiful and peaceful fish. I haven't had any problems at all with her. If I had a larger tank I think I'd have several of them.

untamed
01-05-2009, 07:30 PM
I have a Majestic and Bicolour. Neither is nipping at SPS or LPS or my clam.

I thought for a time that the Majestic was nipping SPS, but upon further observation I don't think that is the case.

phillybean
01-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Royal Blue Pygmy Angel.

He's been good when it comes to not nipping/eating corals. But he can be a bossy SOB towards other fish... and very very active!

Mine nips at my SPS and also attacks my clowns :( It's also a B**** to catch

JDigital
01-05-2009, 07:38 PM
It's also a B**** to catch

That's why I still have mine.. LOL

Delphinus
01-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I have a potter's angel. About two years now, I think? Maybe one and a half.

Haven't noticed any errant nipping, although I think she did rid the tank of hydroids (one day I noticed they were gone .. wasn't too sorry about it, they were unsightly and spreading everywhere!)

Barrett.Oliver
01-05-2009, 08:35 PM
"Citrus" the Lemonpeel Angel, which I love..... Funny guy he is.

pos:Always follows you side to side (likely because hes hungry all the time). Making him seem very personable? Love the vibrant yellow he is too, with tiny blue accents.
neg:Made short work of the Zoas I had in my tank.

-Barrett Oliver

sphelps
01-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I have a potters, lemon peel and a majestic.

reefy
01-05-2009, 09:38 PM
I used to have a majestic 4'' he was too agressive so I catched him out, for those who has Bellus: hows the fish? is it agressive? is it hard to keep, I have a 2'' powder blue(the boss of all) he's agressive than hell, what would you guys recomend?

my2rotties
01-05-2009, 10:02 PM
I have a 7" Emperor named Quinn. He is the mobster of the tank. He chases any new fish at first and then forgets about them. He can be a fin nipper, but I have not seen him do it for awhile now. He does not like Tangs very much but they stay out of his way, and all is good now. They just know not to go into HIS tunnel. I also have a 3" Magestic and he's still very young and I have no issues with him.

dkcrx
01-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Flame Angel 3" had about 6 months so far only picks on new fish for a few days then goes back to his routine of crusing the rock work.

marie
01-05-2009, 10:27 PM
I've had a regal angel for nearly 3 yrs. She eats (not just nips) corals of all kinds...it's a good thing she's pretty :twised:

JDigital
01-05-2009, 10:37 PM
I've had a regal angel for nearly 3 yrs. She eats (not just nips) corals of all kinds...it's a good thing she's pretty :twised:

Kind of ironic that we named them "Angels" eh!:lol:

Lance
01-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Coral Beauty who loves Brian Coral; that's why it's going in the new tank whenever I catch him.

reefy
01-05-2009, 11:58 PM

lol... I know heh

PoonTang
01-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Coral beauty....believe it or not, nicest fish in the tank, doesnt bother anyone or anything.
Yet....

Trigger Man
01-06-2009, 04:13 AM
I've got a flame and a Scribble. Flame has always been great, the Scribble will nip on my zoas if it doesn't get enough food.

Tom R
01-06-2009, 04:46 AM
I have 2 tanks and each has 3 angels.

Tank 1 has a 6" majestic, a flame and a lemonpeel.

Tank 2 has a 5" majestic, a flame and a Royal Blue Pygmy

Angels are my favorite fish. The Majestic angel is one of the most colourful fish available at a decent price.

Tom R

reeferious
01-06-2009, 05:57 AM
i have 3 dwarf angels, flame, african flameback, coral beauty. most times they ignore one another and once in a while they peck a few times on lps but no real harm done.

steve fedyk
01-06-2009, 04:36 PM
I have an Emperor juv I got him little over a year ago. He was about 1" long and now about 3.5" long nips here and there when hes hungery, just on the sps, and not the clams.

BC564
01-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Male and female Bellus.......for the last 7 months....recently the male took up carpet surfing......ended badly. Also one coral beauty.

fishoholic
01-06-2009, 08:47 PM
I have a coral beauty that doesn't touch any corals at all. I have an emperor, queen, blueface and blue ring they leave my LPS (hammer and frogspawn) alone they nip but not damage my gsp, colt coral and yellow tree coral and they eat zoos.

reefy
01-06-2009, 11:47 PM
I have 2 tanks and each has 3 angels.

Tank 1 has a 6" majestic, a flame and a lemonpeel.

Tank 2 has a 5" majestic, a flame and a Royal Blue Pygmy

Angels are my favorite fish. The Majestic angel is one of the most colourful fish available at a decent price.

Tom R

Angels are my fav fish but talking about colourful angel I think Regal(red sea) are more colourful "in my opinion":smile:

Tom R
01-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Angels are my fav fish but talking about colourful angel I think Regal(red sea) are more colourful "in my opinion":smile:

I would probably agree with you if I had a healthy Regal in my tank. I know I thought very long and hard about popping Marie's Regal into a bag and bringing him home with me.

Tom R

reefy
01-07-2009, 12:04 AM
I would probably agree with you if I had a healthy Regal in my tank. I know I thought very long and hard about popping Marie's Regal into a bag and bringing him home with me.

Tom R

haha lol... I would take her Achilles tang...:lol:

marie
01-07-2009, 01:31 AM
heh hem, I'm listening you know :razz:

Actually, If I thought it was possible without tearing apart my reef, I would of let you take my regal Tom :lol:

Trigger Man
01-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Marie,
guess you're gonna have to get more locks for your house, cause it looks like your fish may just start to go missing otherwise. You do have some nice looking fish, and don't get me started on your coral.

Tom R
01-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Actually, If I thought it was possible without tearing apart my reef, I would of let you take my regal Tom :lol:

Well Marie if he is ever just swimming near the surface, I can catch the next ferry. LOL

Happy New Year

Tom R

fishytime
01-07-2009, 04:47 AM
I have a flame that is a model fish and a hopefully soon not to be bi-color angel that is a blasto and acan muncher.

Alberta-newb
01-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Goldflake which has developed a taste for orange/brown zoos (none of the others?) and also destroyed a green bubble coral and a donut coral..but I still love him anyway.

My Potter's angel has only been in since boxing day and so far has been a model citizen. (Eats mysis like a pig)

reefy
01-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Goldflake which has developed a taste for orange/brown zoos (none of the others?) and also destroyed a green bubble coral and a donut coral..but I still love him anyway.

yeah unfortunatly we have to pay for what we like...

Alberta-newb
01-07-2009, 11:48 PM
yeah unfortunatly we have to pay for what we like...

So true, hopefully I can develop a list of corals he doesn't find tasty:mrgreen:

Do you have any pics of your regal? Probably my favorite angel...maybe next tank!

mike31154
01-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Singapore Angelfish, not the most striking or colourful, but nice enough and is a good tankmate with other inhabitants. I don't have any SPS, but I do have softies (zoas) and a hammer coral, the Singapore hasn't nipped at any of them. I aquired him along with a Yellow Tang from another reefer in Vernon who sold his set up. I've often thought about trading him in for a Flame Angel when I move up to a 90 gal sitting empty in the basement, but I've grown to like the guy. Just don't trust him 'cause I can't see his eyes with the black face band he has.... just kidding, he he. Never know what he's thinking.

reefy
01-08-2009, 05:43 PM
So true, hopefully I can develop a list of corals he doesn't find tasty:mrgreen:

Do you have any pics of your regal? Probably my favorite angel...maybe next tank!

nope, I havent taken any pic of him yet, but I will soon...
by the way my LFS has an singapour angel for sale for $20 including tax, wow its really cheap for a nice fish isnt?

DanG
01-10-2009, 12:34 AM
My coral beauty angel has been in my tank for about 4 months now and has been a model citizen.

reefy
01-10-2009, 06:32 AM
My coral beauty angel has been in my tank for about 4 months now and has been a model citizen.

is your coral beauty aggressive? I heard they are really bold once that they get use to the tank.

DanG
01-10-2009, 09:19 PM
is your coral beauty aggressive? I heard they are really bold once that they get use to the tank.

Nope. He swims fin to fin with my 1.5" blue tang, both of which frequently get chased by my 3" maroon clown when they get too close to his BTA.