PDA

View Full Version : Vertex 180 - great skimmer for a great price!

j83
01-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Just thought I would share that I picked up a Vertex 180 Skimmer from J&L last week and so far it has been great. Super simple, placed it in my sump, dialed it in and it is working like a charm.

The only previous skimmer experience I have is with an AquaC Ev120 and a *cough*sea clone*cough* The AquaC has been great but seems a tad small for my tank.

The Vertex seems well made (I'm sure not as well made as a Bubble King, but still pretty solid) and is a great price. I have read that the pumps don't have a great reputation but apparently these are a newer, seemingly better made Resun pump(s) and so far it seems to be working great. Worse comes to worse, another pump could probably be adapted to fit the skimmer.

Anyways, for the price - a great skimmer!

Cheers,

Jay

JDigital
01-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Good to hear another positive review.. I am STILL waiting for my boxing day order to arrive! As it has a Vertex IN-80 for me! :mrgreen: Excited to see how it performs on my 40G vs my EuroReef100 in my 75.

steve fedyk
01-05-2009, 01:45 AM
I'm setting up a 40G and got the vertex 80 and can't wieght to see it action.

Keri
01-05-2009, 02:15 AM
We've got the IN 180 on our 120g reef and so far are very happy with it as well!

fishytime
01-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Good to hear another positive review.. I am STILL waiting for my boxing day order to arrive! As it has a Vertex IN-80 for me! :mrgreen: Excited to see how it performs on my 40G vs my EuroReef100 in my 75.

The vertex skimmer body is made by the same manufacturer of the euro-reef bodies (Albert, correct me if I got this wrong). The euro-reef has a proven good pump. The vertex has a drain in the skimmer cup and a bubble tray which the euro-reefs dont. Side note vertex is releasing cone style skimmers for larger tank volumes soon.