PDA

View Full Version : sick foxface

zeddy
01-03-2009, 04:05 PM
yesterday i bought a foxface put it in my tank and he was fine, he was eating, and swimming and was very heathy. with in 15min he was hiding in a cave changed color and looked very sick, and was all night and this morning. now in the time it took me to post this thread he is bright happy and back to normal. does any one have any idea why?

michika
01-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Rabbitfish typically display camo type colours when they are frightened. It doesn't mean they are sick.

zeddy
01-03-2009, 04:14 PM
thankyou that explanes alot. one more question for you, where do you get this info from because i looked all night as to why it was doing this and couldnt find out why.

michika
01-03-2009, 04:52 PM
I've kept rabbitfish before, so previous experience. As well you can check out specific websites like Wet Web Media, etc.

my2rotties
01-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Foxfaces normally act like this when the are frightened or stressed out. They also go camo when they are sleeping as well. Give the little guy a few days and he will be fine. He's been through a lot the last little while. Give him time to adjust. They are typically shy in nature as well. Mine was much older but when company came over he didn't like strangers staring at him and would go and hide.

zeddy
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
thank you everyone for the input it is very helpful.

tang daddy
01-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Rabbit fish are one of my favs and typically or atleast for a few weeks when you approach the tank they will stick their fins up and go camo by the lr to disguise themselves and also let other fish know that he is ready for war. Once they get properly adjusted to the tank they can be lots of joy to watch as they scoot around picking on the rock, look at you and dash. I really love my golden rabbit with the super blue eyes, the last one passed away due to an overflow not properly caged off poor guy. My freind that gave me my first golden rabbit named him Riddick from that action space movie with the lead character Vin Diesel having the blue eyes and the name has stuck eversince.... Only this is Riddick jr :twised:

untamed
01-05-2009, 06:04 AM
Saw this and thought of your question, so I snapped a quick photo of my Foxface in his "camo-colour"

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r118/untamed_photos/Fish%20pictures/100_0416.jpg