PDA

View Full Version : Awesome magnet cleaner pad.

Richy44
01-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Do you from time to time get those hard algae spots on your glass that you need to use a razor blade to scrape them off? Well I do, and have been using single edge razor blades up until now!

I got some glass stove top cleaning pads for Christmas and thought I would give it a whirl on my tank...WELL 3-4 minutes and my 170 gallon was completely cleaned up..

I cut the sponge off the back and stuck it to my magnet cleaner and voila.

The product is made by VILEDA
Glass Ceramic "Scrunge" Yes Scrunge
You can get them at Canadian Tire in a 2 pack Box (2 rough and 2 smother cleaners after you cut the sponge out of the middle) for $4.50

Best I have used ever.. And no scratches!! Wish they made these years ago!

Rick...

my2rotties
01-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Funny you mention this... I just spend a crappy evening on my 260g last night. Mine is 30" deep so I reach with the blade well beyond my armpits. Will have to check it out, thanks.

Trigger Man
01-02-2009, 11:53 PM
be careful with buying any pads not made for aquariums. I used a cleaning pad that was supposed to be just a pad with nothing in it, and the day after all my fish were floating. I got a hold of the company in the end and found out that it is possible that different types of pads were made that same day and some product may have gotten onto the batch that I had bought (of course they kept mentioning that it is impossible to prove and that they are not in any way at fault). After that I've only used pads bought at fish stores.

my2rotties
01-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Good point, I was waiting for some input on this...

be careful with buying any pads not made for aquariums. I used a cleaning pad that was supposed to be just a pad with nothing in it, and the day after all my fish were floating. I got a hold of the company in the end and found out that it is possible that different types of pads were made that same day and some product may have gotten onto the batch that I had bought (of course they kept mentioning that it is impossible to prove and that they are not in any way at fault). After that I've only used pads bought at fish stores.

Joe Reefer
01-03-2009, 12:02 AM
You need this: http://www.easybladeusa.com/

Quite possibly the best aquarium invention since silicone.

spreerider
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
I use teflon pot scrubers, they are a plastic razorblade and work great, better than regular razors and you cant scratch acrylic no matter how hard you try.

Richy44
01-03-2009, 04:00 AM
Just to dispel any thoughts of fish floating, I leave mine in my tank attached to my Hammerhead Magnet cleaner. I have had absolutely 0 negative signs so far and that is about 10 days or so. Believe me I have kept a very close eye out for any signs. I am totally convinced they are safe.

Take my opinion for what it is worth. I have been keeping tanks for over 40 years and every great once in a while a product comes along that is worth mentioning to others. That is why I posted.

Cheers

Rick..

Black Phantom
01-03-2009, 01:25 PM

I bought one of those a year ago. All I can say about them is "why did I wait so friggin long" :lol:

This little scraper has taken what used to be a two hour chore and turned it into a five minute job. My 250 is visible from front and back and 30 inches deep. When I use the scraper I don't even get my hands wet

chevyjaxon
01-03-2009, 01:41 PM
the product looks good but WOW they sell it hard, kinda like how the shamwow guy on TV sells his stuff "now we cant do this all day":lol:

Black Phantom
01-03-2009, 01:44 PM
the product looks good but WOW they sell it hard, kinda like how the shamwow guy on TV sells his stuff "now we cant do this all day":lol:

I hate that guy:lol:

Argentiner
01-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Has anyone tried this on an acrylic aquarium?

banditpowdercoat
01-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Has anyone tried this on an acrylic aquarium?
If it's like a scotchbrite, BAD, VERRY BAD

DanG
01-04-2009, 04:22 AM
Best cleaning solution I've ever come across is a Mag float (the actual mag float) and the attachment made by ocean's motion that holds a razor blade. The attachment gets glued onto the wet side of the mag float.

Only good on glass tanks though.

Richy44
01-19-2009, 10:50 PM
I have had my Scrunge in the tank since xmas with no effects on anything...I like it very much..cleans away everything in seconds..

I am a happy guy..

Rick...

inkslinger
01-19-2009, 11:05 PM
yup...took your advice rich and these work amazin...the kick the algae butt big time:twised:

atcguy
01-20-2009, 12:05 AM
easy blade!!!!!!! best thing I have ever bought for cleaning glass.. Buy one at Ocean aquatics

fishoholic
01-20-2009, 06:59 PM

Best cleaning solution I've ever come across is a Mag float (the actual mag float) and the attachment made by ocean's motion that holds a razor blade. The attachment gets glued onto the wet side of the mag float.

Only good on glass tanks though.

That is what the easy blade is. Which works great and saves a lot of time.

digital-audiophile
01-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Anywhere in Calgary to get those blades?

Snaz
01-20-2009, 08:19 PM
I use teflon pot scrubers, they are a plastic razorblade and work great, better than regular razors and you cant scratch acrylic no matter how hard you try.

Can you provide more information? I need a coraline solution for my acrylic tank. Thank you.