PDA

View Full Version : Current USA 225 fission skimmer

Whatigot
12-31-2008, 05:17 PM
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=from_client/promotions/BoxingDaySale.vm&ctl_nbr=3664

Looks like a great price, have had very good experiences with current usa (aquapod, sunpod, etc.) and just wondered what everyone thought of this skimmer...

Recirculating, which is cool, but wtf is paddle wheel mixing injection system?

had an rs80, upgraded to the Schuran Jetskim 120 and am now thinking about this one due to the boxing week price at Big Als...

Anyone care to weigh in on this piece of equipment, hopefully with some first hand experience....

I know FKSHIU has been exceedingly helpful in skimmer rating to date, hopefully he sees this.

levi1803
12-31-2008, 05:22 PM
tagging along on this one as I am tempted to pick one up myself.

Treebeard
01-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Did you buy this skimmer? Thinking of picking one up too...

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=from_client/promotions/BoxingDaySale.vm&ctl_nbr=3664

Looks like a great price, have had very good experiences with current usa (aquapod, sunpod, etc.) and just wondered what everyone thought of this skimmer...

Recirculating, which is cool, but wtf is paddle wheel mixing injection system?

had an rs80, upgraded to the Schuran Jetskim 120 and am now thinking about this one due to the boxing week price at Big Als...

Anyone care to weigh in on this piece of equipment, hopefully with some first hand experience....

I know FKSHIU has been exceedingly helpful in skimmer rating to date, hopefully he sees this.

Whatigot
01-16-2009, 04:10 PM
nah.
My jetskim is way better reviewed than the current one is.
I actually have done more reading on my Schuran and am pretty sure it is by far the superior skimmer compared to the current one.

I think current skimmers are somewhat like coralifes, only recirculating.

good bang for the buck though at the boxing day sale price of 150.00 (which, btw, you can buy this skimmer for online almost anytime).

Treebeard
01-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I will wait and watch for a better quality used one.

Whatigot
01-16-2009, 04:49 PM
I talked to two people who was using them (on RC).
Both people told be they thought it would be better based on current's performance in other equipment areas.

I've still not seen one working first hand though, so you never know until you actually try it out for yourself.