PDA

View Full Version : aquacontroller jr temp prob problems..

LeeR
12-31-2008, 01:35 PM
sooo i awoke to my tanks loud cooling fan running at 5am (odd as my temp is normally right on 77. all night) so walked over to look at my ac jr in a early morning daze annnndd temp at 120 c...... WTF (woke up really quick) put my finger in the tank WTF again and it feels pretty normal, grabed the flashlight... everything live looks normal. so unpluged heater set it to normal temp and plugged it into the wall. i have been fiddling with the AC JR for a hour reseting it, unpluggin re plugging, re calibrating it... etc The only thing i can think of is the temp prob itself..... how conveniant for the people at neptune for there product to fail at just about one year...

anways has anyone else had this problem? or had to buy a new temp prob?

i know the PH prob is a yearly thing but I didn't know that about the temp prob?

martym
12-31-2008, 02:04 PM
I had a Ph probe issue from day one, had to buy a pinpoint probe. The temp probe seems to be fine. For now........

Whatigot
12-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Machete, My temp probe worked fine on my acjr until I reset the memory by accident.
Ever since, my tank has been reading 5 degrees higher than what the normal params were for me prior to the reset.

My swing/change is obviously not as dramatic as yours, but definitely the same issue with the same piece of equipment.
I'm going to compare to an analog thermometer I have and one of those 20 dollar digi units as well.
I'll drop you a pm and let you know what I figure out.

banditpowdercoat
12-31-2008, 02:47 PM
My Aquamedic temp controller does that after a power blip. but unplugging for a while usually fixes it. Lucky thing you had fans on to cool it. I boiled some livestock last time it happened to me :

LeeR
12-31-2008, 03:57 PM
tryed turning it off also reset the memory. when i unplug the prob it drops to 6 then when i plug it in right away it jumps to 60 then 100 then 120 i can take the prob out of the water and dunk it in snow and it still sits at 120..... i think i just need a new one.... i hope... anyone know how much they are... jls page is down and i dont think there open till 11

Whatigot
12-31-2008, 05:03 PM
60 bucks plus tax at JL.
The web says they are back ordered though.
I don't know where you would go to get one outside of them....

LeeR
12-31-2008, 05:22 PM
figures...

thanks.

Whatigot
12-31-2008, 05:30 PM
try putting a post up in classifieds man, maybe someone has one kicking around...
They are popular enough units, you might get lucky.

LeeR
12-31-2008, 05:37 PM
good plan
i guess it must be a common problem if there sold out of the thing.

JOEL
12-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Almost one year and have had no problems yet the only thing that was a problem.
My lights were turing off and back on. Gave neptune a call and they told me how to fix
my problem. So you should give theme a call. Here is the number (408) 578-3022