PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLS!! Oh Uh - I think I just loosen my bulkhead...

jus68
12-31-2008, 06:20 AM
This may be a really stupid question, but I figure to ask before going any further.

My tank is drilled and the overflow flows through to the bottom.. I was playing around with the plumbing and now there is a bit of a drip coming from the point where the bulkhead touches the glass... I'm getting a drip every minute..

WHAT DO I DO??

- Do I get a large wrench and start turning the bulkhead (from underneath the tank) clockwise?
- Can I superglue something around it??

I afraid to wake up to a flooding living room on NYE..

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-31-2008, 06:26 AM
I have done this before when messing with plumbing. All I did was re-tighten it a little bit (not too much though!) and it was fine. I think there was still a drip once a minute or so but I just put a tupperware underneath and eventually that goes away. I think between salt creep and calciium build up, they end up sealing very well.

Someone else may have different info for you though. That was just my experience with it.

phillybean
12-31-2008, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't use an wrench, just hand tighten it.

howdy20012002
12-31-2008, 07:12 AM
don't use wrench..most likely will crack the glass

chevyjaxon
12-31-2008, 12:44 PM
use your hand to tighten it until it squashes the rubber seal a bit if this does not work try replacing the seal

JDigital
12-31-2008, 01:34 PM
use your hand to tighten it until it squashes the rubber seal a bit if this does not work try replacing the seal

I've always put my seals on the inside part of the tank. Replacing a seal would be tricky.. :lol:

chevyjaxon
12-31-2008, 01:59 PM
just replaced mine drained the overflow into the sump and i flooded my skimmer into a 5 gallon pail (on purpose)
to deal with not flooding the sump the end result is new seal = piece of mind:mrgreen:

JDigital
12-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Overflow would be doable... My Closed Loop, that's a different story. LOL