PDA

View Full Version : Dogface Puffer and Undulated Trigger

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Both are in Hypo together now for ich. The Undy never had ich but was exposed to a lot of it, so he is along for the ride. They should just be another week or so and then ready to go. Looking for good homes in advance.

For the dogface, I want him to go to a large tank. He is only about 4-5" now but growing fast. 120G plus and I prefer not too heavily stocked. This is one of the shiest puffers I have ever owned around other big fish. He loves people though :)

For the Undulate, its up to you on tank size and tankmates. I would say no tankmates other than big tough fish. I had though he would rip apart any other fish but he has behaved nicely with the dogface, so maybe he will be ok. He is only about 2" though.

Not really looking for a bunch of money, just good homes. You will have to wait a week or so as they need to finish hypo and then take a week to come back up to 1.0026.

Dogface $25
Undy $25

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-31-2008, 11:22 PM
Make me an offer...I really don't care about the money too much. If you have a good home for one of them (or both), let me know. I am starting to bring them back up to proper salinity now and would love to have a home for them by the time they are done with the transition. I have no place to put them really. I don't want to take them back to a store where they will just be exposed to ich again :(

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-01-2009, 12:34 AM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/Digi032.jpg

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-01-2009, 09:35 PM
If anyone wants pics of the dogface, I will try to take some. He is the usual white dogface with yellow cheeks/fins. He is quite yellow though. Much more than most dogface puffers I have ever kept. Very friendly and cute little guy...but I guess thats pretty much every dogface out there!

Keri
01-02-2009, 12:26 AM
That undy is beautiful

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-02-2009, 12:47 AM
That undy is beautiful

Yes and not as aggressive as I first thought. It would certainly be a risk to keep him in a community tank but he seems to know his place amongst big tankmates. He was in with my Niger for about two weeks and actually seemed really in awe of the much, much bigger Niger...he followed him all over the tank and each time the Niger would look back at him, the Undy would hide quickly. It was quite cute.

He is somewhat shy and takes a while to get comfortable in a new tank. He is not too happy in Qt now though. Hopefully just another week in QT and then someone will want to give him a nice home.

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-03-2009, 10:20 PM
^^^

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-05-2009, 06:05 PM
If the price is too much, make me an offer. They really need good homes to go to. The poor guys are in a rubbermaid (with LR, heater, flow) and I think they hate it cause they can't see out the side :)

There is no way I am taking them back to a store after all the time they spent in QT.

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Ok...Free to a good home!

Just please let me know tank size. They will need a week still to come back up to sea water Sg from hyposalinty. I figure I may as well keep them in hypo until I find a home...try to make sure the ich is gone for good!

The undy would be perfect in a 55G or 75G with a few damsels. Would make a beautiful species only tank. I actually have some LR I could sell for cheap with him too if you wanted to go that route.

The dogface as I said needs a 120G plus. Prefer less aggressive fish since he is so passive. This fish is important to me and I don't mind hanging onto him until he finds a good home, so I will be picky with this one...Pics of him to come.