PDA

View Full Version : Psuedo Wavy Sea?

banditpowdercoat
12-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Im wanting an oscilating output simialr to the wavy sea. Is there something out there that could go on 1/2" Loc-Line? My sump return is 300GPH pump 1/2" Loc Line, just dumping straight into the tank. I also have a 350GPH closed loop system. I would like to add a randomness to the Sump output.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Also, Im thinking of ditching the closed loop setup. I have a Koralia 2 coming form OA, may need another one too. But The closed loop sys just doesnt perform like I wanted, I think the pump is too small, but space restraints, can't use larger pump(Quiet one 3000 in Tank Overflow) Plus, removing the extra pump, and replacing with the Powerheads I think will produce less heat in the tank??

chevyjaxon
12-30-2008, 09:09 PM
if more flow is your goal buy another power head or two for inside your tank!

banditpowdercoat
12-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Ya, that would be obvious. I do have more powerheads coming..... I was wondering if theres a way to Osscilate my Sump return outlet like how a WavySea does. You know, sweep the flow across the tank, instead of just allways pointing in one direction.

Tom R
12-31-2008, 04:17 PM
I have seen articles on using a converted Orbit Sprinkler Head as an oscillating return.

Tom R