PDA

View Full Version : Velocity T4 or Mak 4?

newgeek
05-15-2003, 01:01 AM
Hello everyone,
I would like to call on your experiences. I am upgrading my return pump and have narrowed it down to the Velocity T4 or Mak 4. I can’t seem to find anything about the velocity being a pressure pump. I intend to run this through a SCWD and am concerned the velocity will not run as efficiently as it should. I would think from what I have read the Mak 4 should perform well under these conditions. Thanks for the input.
Have a great day,
Kelly

monza
05-15-2003, 04:55 AM
Sorry don't know about those pumps, but did you get your SCWD locally?

dave

terryp01
05-15-2003, 11:41 AM
I have several of the T4 pumps. While they are NOT rated for pressure applications, I used one on my 90 gallon reef to run the return and skimmer. Never had any issues with it.

They are extremely quite, never could hear it running except the water from the overflow.

eposer
05-15-2003, 07:33 PM
I think either of these pumps would be way more than you'd want to run through a single SCWD. I have a SCWD running off a Mag7 and it switches every 9 seconds. The T4 surpasses the SCWDs rated pressure and with the MAK 4 it'll switch every second or two. Way too quickly to get good wave action. If you were to go with either of these pumps I'd split your return through two SCWDs. Just my thoughts.

Evan.

newgeek
05-17-2003, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone, I think I will go with the Mak.
Have a great weekend.