nanodiva
12-27-2008, 01:50 PM
The specs:
10 lbs live rock - fiji
10 lbs live sand (1 inch sandbed)
koralia nano
24" t5 lights

Currently seen hitchikers:
- tiger tail sea cucumber(its a sea cuc but i'm not sure what kind any pix i see seem to match it)?? (anytakers near toronto ontario pm me)
- brittle seastar ( its a tiny little thing)
- a "zebra" turbo snail

maybe more to come....

tested my water after it was set up for 8 hours... all params normal ( 0 0 0 ....) for nitrites, nitrates, and amonia, tested to get used to the test kits i got.

ph is at 8.0

gotta love boxing day sales i got everything i needed and some extra on some thigns for later for approx 250$

Pix to come soon.

nanodiva
12-27-2008, 01:51 PM
found some little red projectiles on a piece of live rock today.
if it grows i'll take some pix not sure if its coral or coraline on come pieces of rock that look neat. its santa claus red in colour.

the sea star was out and about this morning and the cuc thing is chillin on the sand bed now got some pix of it, the seastar was in the wrong place to grab a shot of it.
the cuc is about 2.5" long i think.
looked through some pictures on the net this mornign and i'm pretty sure it a tiger tail but its darker than all the pix that i've seen of them. once i can get this comp to recognise my camera then i'll upload the pix.

ElGuappo
12-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Just fyi. when you see CUC on this board its usually reffering to a "clean up crew."

nanodiva
12-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Just fyi. when you see CUC on this board its usually reffering to a "clean up crew."

yea i realised that, cuc is so much shorter than cucumber. i'm seriously considering getting rid of it... pretty sure i dont want it, tank just isnt right for it.

nanodiva
01-02-2009, 11:16 PM
the cucumber is sold my levels have been at 0 for several days now and diatoms are everywhere i added a hob filter(i didnt realise i actually still owner the one i had originally for that tank with the new floss and all lol cut a few costs there) with just the floss in it to help up some flow. rea scaped a bit and now my shroom hitchhicker is ALOT happier lol if my levels stay down i'll be adding a few members of my clean up really soon. i'm gunna let it sit for a week after the second day i tested zero(yesterday). i was thinking of adding a little cheato to my tank any ideas where to get it in the gtaish area i'm an hour north of toronto and getting it online seems to be killer with shipping.