View Full Version : Boxing Day Black Velvet Angel

fishoholic
12-27-2008, 04:01 AM
Look what followed me home this boxing day :mrgreen:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/BRA/DSC_1065.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/BRA/DSC_1050.jpg

Trigger Man
12-27-2008, 04:04 AM
Nice looking Velvet, funny how things just seem to follow one home on boxing day.

fishoholic
12-27-2008, 04:06 AM
Nice looking Velvet, funny how things just seem to follow one home on boxing day.

Yes it's very odd how that happens :lol:

Lance
12-27-2008, 04:31 AM
Laurie, you're going to have to change your user name to Angelaholic. How many angels do you have now?

fishoholic
12-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Laurie, you're going to have to change your user name to Angelaholic. How many angels do you have now?

5 large angels. Queen, Blueface, Blue Ring, Emperor and now a Black velvet :mrgreen: This I why I spent $4000.00 setting up another 230g fowlr tank. I do plan on having one last angel (I think 6 is lots for a 230g, may have to upgrade in the future :wink:) the last angel I'm getting (sometime in Jan. or Feb.) is my personal favorite a King/Passer angel.

I think fishoholic is still good, remember I have 7 tangs in my 230g reef. As well as a few other smaller fish. I also would like to get two more wrasses, a banana wrasse and a red coris wrasse. Came close today to buying a lunare wrasse (still thinking about it) and a miniatus grouper (cool fish but then I couldn't put my perc's in that tank, so we decided against it) also I was eying up a regal angel (but that would be one too many angels) Yep I'd say I'm a fishoholic through and through

Lance
12-27-2008, 05:05 AM
5 large angels. Queen, Blueface, Blue Ring, Emperor and now a Black velvet :mrgreen: This I why I spent $4000.00 setting up another 230g fowlr tank. I do plan on having one last angel (I think 6 is lots for a 230g, may have to upgrade in the future :wink:) the last angel I'm getting (sometime in Jan. or Feb.) is my personal favorite a King/Passer angel.

I think fishoholic is still good, remember I have 7 tangs in my 230g reef. As well as a few other smaller fish. I also would like to get two more wrasses, a banana wrasse and a red coris wrasse. Came close today to buying a lunare wrasse (still thinking about it) and a miniatus grouper (cool fish but then I couldn't put my perc's in that tank, so we decided against it) also I was eying up a regal angel (but that would be one too many angels) Yep I'd say I'm a fishoholic through and through

I'm in the same boat as you are. Waiting for my 225 to finish cycling: just about there: (NH4=0, NO2=.2, NO3=20.) Have put a few softies in the tank and they are doing fine. Next week ordering some CUC. I eventually want to get one large angel to go with CB Butterfly, Foxface, SF Tang, another tang of undecided variety, Coral Beauty Angel, Harlequin Tusk Wrasse, and maybe a Pinktail Trigger or Niger. Any suggestions on which large angel I should look at?

fishoholic
12-27-2008, 05:20 AM
I'm in the same boat as you are. Waiting for my 225 to finish cycling: just about there: (NH4=0, NO2=.2, NO3=20.) Have put a few softies in the tank and they are doing fine. Next week ordering some CUC. I eventually want to get one large angel to go with CB Butterfly, Foxface, SF Tang, another tang of undecided variety, Coral Beauty Angel, Harlequin Tusk Wrasse, and maybe a Pinktail Trigger or Niger. Any suggestions on which large angel I should look at?

Most large angels will be fine with the fish you listed. I recommend looking at different colourations of angel fish. There are lots to chose from so I mostly go by which ones are really colourful or (lately) more unique and rare. There are also more peaceful angels and more aggressive ones so it would also depend on that too. My queen and blueface are more aggressive and my blue ring and black velvet are very peaceful, however they all get along fairly well. I also would buy 3-5 inch sized angels, I think smaller ones have an easier time adjusting. Also some angels are very hard to get then to start eating (once they start they eat lots) so check that the one you want is eating.

Here's a good link to the different types of angels out there:
http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/angelfish/

Lance
12-27-2008, 05:29 AM
OK, Thanks.

Tom R
12-27-2008, 03:48 PM
That is one very nice Angel.

I am very jealous.

Tom R

fishoholic
12-27-2008, 03:56 PM
That is one very nice Angel.

I am very jealous.

Tom R

Thank-you :biggrin:

I love that he is not an angel you normally see for sale, this was actually the first time I've ever seen one. I love the contrast between his black body and the bright yellow outline. I also love that the colours on his face make it look like he's wearing a mask. I e-mailed a picture of him to my Dad (who knows nothing about fish) and he thought I should call him "Batman" :lol: