PDA

View Full Version : cranky fish

new but handy
12-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey anyone got some tricks on how to get my new bengaii cardinels to eat and move they have just been hovering in the corner since fri night

christyf5
12-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Thats pretty much what they do :razz: Try feeding them some mysis, or mysis with garlic. They're pretty stunned fish, if they don't see the food in front of them they don't eat it.

new but handy
12-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks I sort of figured they were morons
How's the snow. I was working in Nanimo on wed-thurs last week

christyf5
12-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Well its quite the whiteout here. Lucky we have a 4x4 so we can get around. Be nice if it stopped snowing though, I'm kinda getting tired of it :razz:

new but handy
12-21-2008, 09:48 PM
I understand I work outside it's -20ish in vernon at least its not that cold down there

christyf5
12-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Yikes,-20?? I'll stop complaining :razz:

marihoochie
12-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Try Saskatchewan...it's been like -40 for a week with the windchill...I wish I lived in B.C!!!!

fishoholic
12-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Try Saskatchewan...it's been like -40 for a week with the windchill...I wish I lived in B.C!!!!

I'll second that, it was -38 with the windchill today in Edmonton.

Pier Pressure
12-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Thanks I sort of figured they were morons

:lol::biggrin::lol:

new but handy
12-21-2008, 11:24 PM
hey the little dirtbags are eating:mrgreen: thats a load off my mind

christyf5
12-22-2008, 05:27 AM
excellent :biggrin:

new but handy
12-27-2008, 03:26 PM
anyone notice that I changed my signature to 1 cardinal:cry:

Carmen
12-27-2008, 03:45 PM
anyone notice that I changed my signature to 1 cardinal:cry:

So sorry to hear he didn't pull through.:cry: I actualy was fallowing along with your post as I too had a Cardinal that was eating fine when I first got him, swimming up to get the food with the other fish, then suddenly one day acted as though he couldn't care less??? Did not even make any kind of motion towards the food, just let it float past his mouth???? His/Her belly looked "big" and eventually died after aweek of not eating? Egg bound?? Not sure but kinda weird none the less?
Sorry yours did not make it. Did you notice a Big belly?
Carmen

new but handy
12-27-2008, 03:58 PM
no I didnt notice. I put them in last week and they didn't eat at all.
They do exactly what you said. I actually watched food hit them right in the face and they did nothing. It sort of sucks cause I like to have 2 of each fish for company. That is the third cardinal I've lost I just don't want to chance them anymore. Everything else in my tank is doing great. Water is in good shape(before anyone asks). Nitrates are at 5 (water change day) everything else looks good.
No more cardinals for me I guess

Carmen
12-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I agree, I will not try another as it is my second Banggai as well. Maybe bad luck, but I think I will stay away from them as 0/2 odds kinda sucks for me (and the fishies).:sad:
All other fish are doing great so I just don't get it. Are your others eating? Hope they do okay. Too bad cuz they are such a neat looking fish and everyone noticed him in my tank and commented on how pretty he was.:cry:.

new but handy
12-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Everything is eating!
My tank has only been running since sept.
My zoas' have quadrupled in size, sun coral is starting to eat during the "twilight" hours not just at night, clowns won't stop eating, and my anemone eats a good sized silverside at least every other day.
Everything is doing great!
To me my cleaner shrimp would be like the old canary in the cage but they love it in there too!
A guy at the lfs says they have problems with them as they do not usually ship well. But he says thet once they are there they usually do well!
I don't know, I think they are a cranky fish

new but handy
12-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Doh
0 cardinals
anemone food

Carmen
12-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Grr! That sucks! You have rotten luck with the Cardinals too!