PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a Deltec MCE-600 on a 100gal+ reef aquarium

atc
12-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Just wanted opinions on the effectiveness of this skimmer on a lps or sps tank ? Is it as good as a Euroreef? thanks

atc
12-23-2008, 02:15 AM
anyone? FOWLR?

str255
12-23-2008, 05:01 AM
I've used the MCE600 on a 54g fowlr, (just a few softies ... zoas, leather, xenia) ...

Its pulled out some really smelly skimmate ... the colletion cup walls would be coated with crud and really needed to be cleaned every few days. Currently, I've just started running an ER RS80 in the 54g ...the skimate is not as dark, but there a several +'s.

I also have an ER RS135 on a 95g and I am very very happy with it.

From my experience, if you're comparing an HOB with an in-sump skimmer, I think the in-sump is better ... your mileage may vary.

Just wanted opinions on the effectiveness of this skimmer on a lps or sps tank ? Is it as good as a Euroreef? thanks

Mik_101
12-23-2008, 05:11 AM
I've used the MCE600 on a 54g fowlr, (just a few softies ... zoas, leather, xenia) ...

Its pulled out some really smelly skimmate ... the colletion cup walls would be coated with crud and really needed to be cleaned every few days. Currently, I've just started running an ER RS80 in the 54g ...the skimate is not as dark, but there a several +'s.

I also have an ER RS135 on a 95g and I am very very happy with it.

From my experience, if you're comparing an HOB with an in-sump skimmer, I think the in-sump is better ... your mileage may vary.

Im very happy with my euroreef RS80 works greate and IMO dose the job quickly.

atc
12-23-2008, 05:38 AM
thanks for the info, I've used a euroreef 8-3 before, but I want to do without a sump if possible this(4th) time starting over.