PDA

View Full Version : Wrasse

fishoholic
12-20-2008, 05:05 PM
We picked up a checkerboard wrasse yesterday and as soon as we put it in our tank it dove into the sand and I haven't seen him since. I know this is normal but I was wondering (on average) how long will wrasse's hide for before they become comfortable in a new tank setting and start swimming around in the open?

christyf5
12-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Likely it will be a few days to a week before he gets comfortable to be out in the open for any given length of time. Likely he'll check out all the nooks and crannies in the back of the tank first before you see him up front. keep an eye out for him but I wouldn't expect to see him out in the open for awhile yet.

fishoholic
12-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Likely it will be a few days to a week before he gets comfortable to be out in the open for any given length of time. Likely he'll check out all the nooks and crannies in the back of the tank first before you see him up front. keep an eye out for him but I wouldn't expect to see him out in the open for awhile yet.

That's what I thought, good to hear it from someone else though.

Lance
12-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Yeah, He'll probably be hiding out in his wrasse hole. Sorry, couldn't help myself.:wink:

Chaloupa
12-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah, He'll probably be hiding out in his wrasse hole. Sorry, couldn't help myself.:wink:

OMG Lance....ROFLMAO!

fishoholic
12-20-2008, 07:43 PM

LMAO!!!!!!:lol: That's priceless, I love it! :lol:

fishytime
12-22-2008, 03:30 PM
So, can we get an update on yo wrasse....the fish I mean.

fishoholic
12-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Ya, sorry, I started another thread in the picture section. Here's the link: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47641