PDA

View Full Version : sick sohal, help asap!!

dawen
12-19-2008, 11:23 PM
i got a sohal tang for few months now, today i notice its so sick, loosing color and will not eat, its head just above its mouth is kinda sucked in, and it turn skinny, i feed it twice a day with seaweed and brine, i checked my water para they looked fine, anything else i could do to save him? i dont want to loose him

90g tank, with 3 clownfish, 1 yellow tang, 1 royal gramma, 1 fire fish, 2 damsels, most the fish are small except the yellow sohal just over 4 inches, and yellow tang 3in.

Karen Marlin
12-20-2008, 12:40 AM
I hope you mean mysis instead of brine...brine shrimp has very little food value
and mysis is preferred. I also would feed pellets to add variety, and soak the rinsed mysis in selcon before feeding. Hope this helps, Karen

naesco
12-20-2008, 02:03 AM
What are the water test results
Are there any spots, redness, white fluff or fin degeneration
When is the last time you saw it eating anything

dawen
12-20-2008, 03:07 AM
ammonia is 0, ph at 8.1 phosphate 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20

the last time i seen it eating was just last night, i do feed them with mysis also, the body some of the lines has disappear, there is no fluffy or redness

naesco
12-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry I could not reply earlier.
You need to set up a QT. Get ahold of of a medication that contains neomycin. Most of the meds out there are useless. Follow the directions carefully.
Soak small amounts of different foods in garlic extract (Garlic Extreme) or fresh garlic juice you make or garlic extract (not garlic juice) you get from a health food store.
Garlic sometimes makes a fish the won't eat, start eating.
I would also stick a bubbler in the QT to ensure there is lots of oxygen
Good luck
BTW your tank is too small to accommodate any acanthurus species tangs.