PDA

View Full Version : wtb salt

chevyjaxon
12-17-2008, 12:10 AM
ok i have not changed my water in a year now no noticable changes in quality ph is still 8.4 etc salinity has gone down to .21 i wtb salt so i can do a 25% water change i work graveyards so am never up before the lfs closes does anybody have reef salt they want to sell?

Marlin65
12-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Thats crazy no water change for a year can we see some pictures please.
I would give you some salt but you are a bit far from me.:lol:

chevyjaxon
12-17-2008, 06:55 AM
i dont have any pics im afraid the tank is a 90 gal with 20 gallon sump and 150 ish pounds of rock i feed only once a week if that helps any:twised:

midgetwaiter
12-17-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm usually at work late.

Pm me and we'll get you sorted out.

Fishgirl
12-17-2008, 04:41 PM
I know alot of people think its not a good idea at all to not do your waterchanges regualary, but I as well have done the same thing on my 72 gal bowfront I had, I maybe did a waterchange on it every 6 months, I would clean the filter once or twice in that period, but that was it, I did all my water test and everything was good so didn't see the need to stress my fish and create a problem. Same on my 33gal I have now I didn't do a waterchange on it for almost a year until I had to move it as I was moving. I guess I just see it as if its doing well and there is no changes in water chemistry then why stress your fish out. I change my filter media when it needs to be cleaned top up my water and make sure everything with the water is good, if I notice any change at all then I do a water change. Funny I thought I was the only person that did that. I know lots of you are gasping and thinking omg thats terrible, but I've found it to be ok with my tanks.

fencer
12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Really depends what you have in the tank. SPS or just fish or softies