PDA

View Full Version : Could I keep sexy shrimp with a yellow watchman?

Patrice
12-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi,
I would like to add a few sexy shrimp to my tank but I am worry about my yellow watchman goby. Do you think it will eat the shrimps?

dabandit
12-16-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm confused dont yellow watchmen pair with shrimp? Not to mention they are only 2'' arent they?

Patrice
12-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi!
That I know, Yellow shrimp goby (http://www.aquariumslife.com/2008/10/yellow-shrimp-or-watchman-goby.html) grow up to 4 inch. The one I have might be 3 inch now.
I know they have a symbiotic relationship with pistol shrimp Alpheus spp. but I am not sure about other shrimps.

Matt
12-16-2008, 10:24 PM
My yellow watchman goby ate a mid-sized cleaner shrimp. It hung halfway out of her mouth for hours. I know my experience isn't typical; YMMV.

dabandit
12-16-2008, 10:28 PM
There you go I learn something new everyday. If its shrimp your after why not get a pairing shrimp that would be cool.

Patrice
12-16-2008, 11:26 PM
My yellow watchman goby ate a mid-sized cleaner shrimp. It hung halfway out of her mouth for hours. I know my experience isn't typical; YMMV.

I don't like to hear that :neutral:. But as you said, it's not tipical. Right?

If its shrimp your after why not get a pairing shrimp that would be cool.
What's a pairing shrimp?

karazy
12-16-2008, 11:37 PM
from what ive heard yellow watchmans will eat sexy shrimp.
what other people are suggesting
and i suggest also
is get a pistol shrimp. they make a symbiosis with yellow watchmans where
the goby keeps watch, while the pistol shrimp digs there cave. neat stuff to watch

Patrice
12-17-2008, 03:24 AM
from what ive heard yellow watchmans will eat sexy shrimp.
what other people are suggesting
and i suggest also
is get a pistol shrimp. they make a symbiosis with yellow watchmans where
the goby keeps watch, while the pistol shrimp digs there cave. neat stuff to watch

I think you are right. I should probably take the shrimp that match the goby.
It's too bad :sad:

Thanks!