PDA

View Full Version : Packistan Butterflyfish

pocilipora
05-11-2003, 01:58 AM
Anyone had any experience with this fish good or bad. My tank has lots of live rock, mushrooms, gorgonians, lots of button polyps, featherdusters, leather corals.

UnderWorldAquatics
05-11-2003, 03:00 AM
Ive had a small group of them and Ive had large schools of them. I love them! Never had a problem with them picking at anything, but never a guarantee with butterflys... feed them lots of mysis!

Old Guy
05-11-2003, 03:32 PM
I currently have 4 Pakistani's, 2 Klein's and 1 saddleback in a tank together. When their not scrounging around the live rock, all of them even school together. Very cool :cool: .

Paki's are not reef safe :exclaim: So far, the only thing they don't touch is Recordia. I would like to mention the fact that I set up this tank for butterflys, seeded with different zoos, polyps, shrooms,anthenia and xenia which was a gourmet buffet for these fish. Buy the time the buffet was finished, my flame angel had taught them to eat frozen. Now all will even eat flake :mrgreen: . They are also a fearless fish that eat from my hands.

If you would like to see them in action, let me know the next time you go to J&L. I'm on the way.

Jeff

pocilipora
05-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks guys, I ended up getting 3 of them this morning. They are about 2.5" right now, Ill Let you know how it goes.

Samw
05-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks guys, I ended up getting 3 of them this morning. They are about 2.5" right now, Ill Let you know how it goes.

Post pics of your newly converted FO tank some time. Thanks.