PDA

View Full Version : SW in Kamloops?

banditpowdercoat
12-13-2008, 03:35 AM
Going to kamloops Boxing day. Spend some time with parents and such. Now, I heard a rumor that there is a SW store in Kam now, acrodd form the Lordco on Notre Dame I think it is??

wolf_bluejay
12-13-2008, 05:08 AM
There is Total Pet on North Shore, and Petland across from lordoc. Total pet has a larger SW setup and a bit lower prices, and the proces are starting to get a bit closer to Van prices. IE: $45 for a bucket of IO instead of the $170 they used to want :) Live rock is WAAAAY opverpriced in town though. I did see "base rock" for $1.99 for 100g which is about $9/lbs.....

reef bound
12-13-2008, 05:14 AM
I think you're talking about Petland. It has some SW tanks in there and some pretty knowledgable staff --Ask for Trorry or Travis. Also Total Pet on Tranquille Road, (north shore) has a few tanks. Both stores had livestock when I was there this week. Who knows what'll be there at Christmas time.

reef bound
12-13-2008, 05:15 AM
Beat me to it wolf.....lol

tgoeujon
12-13-2008, 07:41 AM
theres a private dealer in aberdeen that sells out of his house. i think his name is klaus. just deals in salt and sometimes has pretty good prices on supplies. of the top of my head i cant remember his business name though, ill try and find the business card and pm you Dan, then maybe i can get you to grab some things for me while your up:biggrin:

banditpowdercoat
12-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Ahh OK, Must be the petland Im thinking about. They used to be in Sahali mall right? Thats where I first got into FW fish years ago. I belive it was Travis who got me started :D.

$9/LB for Base rock, holly krap....... I do need another bucket of salt tho LOL

tredford8
12-29-2008, 06:27 AM
Mark at Total Pet has been doing SW for much longer than any of the Petland guys so you should probably talk to him if you want info. Other than that, both places are ok for livestock.

banditpowdercoat
12-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Ya, there was a better selection at TP. Good sale on at PL though, Well, things were 30% off, so they were on par with OA's prices in Delta LOL. Couldnt belive how expensive they are there. especially for Tanks and such WOW.