PDA

View Full Version : Powerbrite LED's

Slick Fork
12-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi there,

I was checking out this thread

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1384109

on RC and was thinking about a set of these to use maybe as moonlights or just as a colour supplement to go with my MH/T5, maybe an evening kind of light...

These guys are REALLY excited about them so it's got me thinking. Anyways I was wondering if anybody up here has seen a set in person or knows a canadian source where you can get them from.

Thanks

Ron99
12-12-2008, 09:34 PM
I am pretty sure I saw some at J&L and Ocean Aquatics has them too. Looks like they are available at www.petsandponds.com as well.

banditpowdercoat
12-13-2008, 02:25 AM
Hmm cool. cant wait till they come down a bit in price. I love LED's for every lighting

xtreme
01-27-2009, 02:09 AM
I ordered a couple of these units after the RC link was posted and I saw some of the pics there. I really love the way it makes the colors of my corals pop, especially after the MH's go out. Only problem I am having with them is finding a more permanent way of mounting them. They come with brackets so if you have something you can screw them into you'll be ok. Now I just need to order up some more as two is not enough for a 6' tank. A little pricey, but very nice lights.

Lance
01-27-2009, 03:19 AM
MOPS (mail order pet supplies) in Ontario has them for $88.15
www.mops.ca

digital-audiophile
01-27-2009, 04:08 AM
The Big Al's here in Calgary has them on a display tank. The have them in the display counter at the back too, I've always been afraid to ask what they cost... well and the fact that there is never any staff near that part of the store to ask even if I wanted to :p

xtreme
01-27-2009, 04:28 AM
I'm looking for a couple more and happened to get a price from them yesterday. Roughly 20 bucks more per unit than what I paid online.

Mrfish55
01-27-2009, 04:48 AM
I made my own, three sets of 2 10mm 460nm actinic blue, really does make a difference to the colors, total time wiring and making the housings less than an hour, total cost less than $10, cool glowing corals, PRICELESS

lobsterboy
01-27-2009, 05:08 AM
I ordered a couple of these units after the RC link was posted and I saw some of the pics there. I really love the way it makes the colors of my corals pop, especially after the MH's go out. Only problem I am having with them is finding a more permanent way of mounting them. They come with brackets so if you have something you can screw them into you'll be ok. Now I just need to order up some more as two is not enough for a 6' tank. A little pricey, but very nice lights.

check out big als calgary store, and they go them mounted crazy on these rod things. anyways they are pretty sweet when set up