PDA

View Full Version : Anyone driving to Vancouver this holiday season?

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-12-2008, 02:11 AM
I am looking for someone coming out west here for the holiday who can bring a fish back to Calgary for me. You would just be simply taking the properly packaged fish from me to Calgary where someone would be picking it up on the other end at YOUR final destination or at least along the way. We are willing to pay you. I have not worked out a number yet but we can talk if your willing to do me this favour.

You would be making someone very, very happy as well as a very special fish!

Thanks!

Pan
12-12-2008, 03:00 AM
I am looking for someone coming out west here for the holiday who can bring a fish back to Calgary for me. You would just be simply taking the properly packaged fish from me to Calgary where someone would be picking it up on the other end at YOUR final destination or at least along the way. We are willing to pay you. I have not worked out a number yet but we can talk if your willing to do me this favour.

You would be making someone very, very happy as well as a very special fish!

Thanks!
If you want to pay my gas I'll make a road trip over the holidays for fun :)

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-12-2008, 03:09 AM
If you want to pay my gas I'll make a road trip over the holidays for fun :)

LOL...how much would that be?

And...are you actually serious?

my2rotties
12-12-2008, 05:24 AM
The fish is for me, and I am very flattered that Justin feels I am a wonderful home for his precious puffer. I would be more then willing to drive part of the way to get this little guy. I know it sounds like a lot of woirk for a puffer, but it would make me really happy to have him.

Kostas
12-12-2008, 05:37 AM
dang if only it was the other way around, i'm driving out to Vancouver on the 28th for new years, but i'm flying back so i can't help out. :cry:

maybe its for the best i might have taken that puffer home to my tank, i love those fish :lol:

my2rotties
12-12-2008, 05:47 AM
You can always bring him carry on... PLEASE!!! I know you can put a dog in a soft sided crate under your seat... why not a fish? I would reimburse you for it, as well as pick you up at the airport, buy your something to eat, and give you a ride home...

dang if only it was the other way around, i'm driving out to Vancouver on the 28th for new years, but i'm flying back so i can't help out. :cry:

maybe its for the best i might have taken that puffer home to my tank, i love those fish :lol:

Kostas
12-12-2008, 06:56 AM
Well with an offer like that…(now not to be greedy but if you got a frag or any corals, I’d enjoy those more then you buying me something to eat)

Now you realize I live in Edmonton.
My flight is for Monday January 5th I’ll be arriving in at midnight. (Well 12:06am)
You would be willing to meet me at the Edmonton international air port at that time?
Now do they charge to bring an animal (fish) on the plane? I’m flying with west jet.
If it works out I’m more then happy to do this for you guys.

Keri
12-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Make sure you check it out as ok to bring that volume of liquid on the plane....you know how crazy they are these days!

Powertec
12-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I am Pretty sure you can't bring it on with you on any airline. It is the fluid issue. Nothing liquid over 100ml i believe. You can't even take on a bloody pop or full size tube of toothpaste.They were going to confiscate my cans of Ravioli but apparently someone got a brain before they actually took them but they did proceed to take the frickin toothpaste cause you know i could do something with a tube of toothpaste...
Like really:(...

Der_Iron_Chef
12-12-2008, 03:03 PM
I *may* be able to help you out. My sister and her family are driving here for the holidays, but they may be stopping for a night halfway....not sure that would work out well for the fish? Let me know. Payment in rare and exotic frags accepted :D

Trigger Man
12-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Westjet does not allow the transportation of live fish as carry on, I looked into this years ago and that is an actual written policy for them. I do remember someone bringing fish over as oversized baggage, so that could be an option if packed well.

my2rotties
12-12-2008, 04:43 PM
HAHAAA I don't have any frags since I am a newbie. Cash would have to suffice. I appreciate the help and if there are not any people making a straight drive form the coast to Alberta, I'm sure Justin would think about it. Myself, I don't know enough about transport to know what is best.

I *may* be able to help you out. My sister and her family are driving here for the holidays, but they may be stopping for a night halfway....not sure that would work out well for the fish? Let me know. Payment in rare and exotic frags accepted :D

my2rotties
12-12-2008, 04:48 PM
It figures as much. I do know when I bought my husband's English Staffordshire pup, he could not be flown until the last week in January due to a flight embargo. I didn't know anything about liquids or let alone toothpaste. I have never been on a plane.:lol:

It is so awesome that anybody is even offering to help though. When my hubby drives to Kelowna next year I will make sure to post that he is going in case anyone needs a fish or something transported. He has no problem with it at all.

Westjet does not allow the transportation of live fish as carry on, I looked into this years ago and that is an actual written policy for them. I do remember someone bringing fish over as oversized baggage, so that could be an option if packed well.

my2rotties
12-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the offer I would have done whatever it took but the fish is not allowed on the plane...:cry:

Well with an offer like that…(now not to be greedy but if you got a frag or any corals, I’d enjoy those more then you buying me something to eat)

Now you realize I live in Edmonton.
My flight is for Monday January 5th I’ll be arriving in at midnight. (Well 12:06am)
You would be willing to meet me at the Edmonton international air port at that time?
Now do they charge to bring an animal (fish) on the plane? I’m flying with west jet.
If it works out I’m more then happy to do this for you guys.

christyf5
12-12-2008, 05:15 PM
sent PM:biggrin:

my2rotties
12-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Right back at ya!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm so happy I can dance.

sent PM:biggrin:

Black Phantom
12-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Phone the airline and see how much to send it freight. J&L ship daily so I'm sure there is something already in place for livestock. Just make sure you package the little feller right with heat packs and all shoud be fine. Probably better then bouncing in a vehicle for 12 hours or more if the roads are bad.

my2rotties
12-16-2008, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the advise but an awesome member of can reef will be driving him over. I have no idea of how to fly a fish and greenspottedpuffer thinks the little guy will make the drive no problem.

I am counting down the days...

Phone the airline and see how much to send it freight. J&L ship daily so I'm sure there is something already in place for livestock. Just make sure you package the little feller right with heat packs and all shoud be fine. Probably better then bouncing in a vehicle for 12 hours or more if the roads are bad.